How do you trade on Sabah?

All discussion regarding the world of Sabah
Ouijdani

How do you trade on Sabah?

Postby Ouijdani » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:45 pm

I set up on Sabah again, to get a look at the Envoy content. But I cannot find anyone to trade with me in the quantities I am able to afford -- like the <20 perfume and jewelry I need right now to upgrade to lvl 4. The market is ludicrous -- Nubian traders or 50K units appear to be the only choice. Most people appear to be using it for storage.

The trade wall is OK, but when I announce a trade I end up getting given thousands of the resource I ask for. I guess for beta that would be OK, but it is not really exercising the game, eh?

How do I fulfill my modest needs on Sabah?

Ouij

(Maybe the server needs to restart...)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Howdy, Ouijdani!

How long have you been trying? Over-reacting?

You have three options ~ Market, Trade Wall & Scroll the planet locally. Locally = +/- 10 nomes

I scroll to get started. Closer players are more likely to send partial boats. You build community & make new friends. Tons of them.

Patience & spamming the trade wall at different times of the day/night. Spamming = every few hours.

You said "Sabah again", so you must have friends. Build 24 hour boats.

Good Luck! :)

EDIT: Trading requires ~ Honesty, patience, communication & empathy for the other.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:08 pm

I have the same experience. Made friends, one warned me against two players who are known for bombing starters with gifts, the other, totally new to the game, got so many gifts that he can only keep workers in the wheat field and bakery, and his henna plant. The rest is full. He doesn't have much bread, so he can't put the stuff for sale either. I was a bit luckier, but am still on the receiving end of 500 of all lux goods that I'm not making myself. :confused: I didn't even ask for them, not did I get a friendly message, either on the wall or scroll, it's just as if it's dumped. :mad: All very friendly meant, but can't they show a bit more restraint?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Thank You, tutmoses ii!

Gifting is a curse on the game.

In Theoris II I hid out so as not to have my Start Game destroyed by gifting, as my Sabah II account was.

It worked too! I got the full bliss of watching those 9 bricks desperately change into 10.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:26 pm

In my incarnation as tutmoses ii I started buying and selling by the market, only trading directly with players close to me. It was hard to find a trader for gold - I was on emeralds and people don't reply scrolls a lot. :mad:
It was slow and, admittedly, boring and not so entertaining as tracking the trade wall, but at least I achieved things by my own efforts. Now I'm getting small gifts all the time, and my palace is level 12. :( What times are we coming to? ;)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Ouijdani, tutmoses ii - it seems you are both quite close to me, just a few hours, and I can do small trades. I'll scroll you both.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:51 pm

Done, that helped :)

For the record: I'm tutmoses in both worlds now.
Last edited by tutmoses ii on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added current player name

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:55 pm

I have upset a few players for telling them that I do not want gifts. They are in God mode & get really upset that we don't want their gifts. I had to name my cities in Sabah for people to get the message.

"Don't Need Stinkin Gifts" :D

Now, as to scrolling. I said scroll the planet. Everyone within a ten nomes each direction, one nome at a time. If I am looking for kohl, I only scroll kohl nomes. Only low rankers like us, cuz the high rankers will either ignore or slaughter you with gifts. Check profiles. Have patience. Tell them what is going on & be specific. Always be nice & always respond. They might not wanna trade with you today, but tomorrow is another day.

Yes, there will be rejections & ignores, but never give up. Keep scrolling new people all the time. Build up that allies list. When someone scrolls you, try to trade something with them, even if it sets you back in your plans, or even if it is small. It is a new local trader for the future!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ouijdani

Postby Ouijdani » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:21 pm

I was Ouijdani on Sabah, went Immortal shortly after Theoris opened at rank 50-100. (About 65, IIRC, but could have been in the 80's -- I don't remember.)

Started Ouijdani on Theoris in 17N late on the first day it opened. I was in Hong Kong that week so night was day for me, thus I missed the opening by a few hours. I went Immortal at Rank 10 a few weeks ago.

I'd like to start a few daily trades, if people are up for that. I'm on leather. Right now I need roughly 20 jewelry and 20 perfume for my lvl 4.

Ouij

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Can't find you with either name.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 pm

Tinkerbell: I noticed those names, lol.

I did accept bread and bricks for a second town, that takes ages to collect.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:38 pm

@tutmoses: It's hard for you to find a gold partner? I know someone who looks for an ems supplier.

Where in Theoris are you located?

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:53 pm

That was in my previous life - I'm on cedar now in Theoris, and looking for an emeralds partner. :) I'm trading gold with my gold trade partner from my earlier life. Bliss. :D He was in the same nome, on leather, and I talked him into making a gold town. One of the best things I ever did in this game. :p

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 am

I'm sorry that some people were offended by my posts, but please, please, please, remember that a starter doesn't need very much. So if you send them lots and lots, you take a way much of the need for interaction. On Sabah a few small gifts can be very helpful because there aren't so many players, and bricks and bread are really helpful (exchanges costing so much) but it'd be very nice if you ask players whether they really want a gift before sending it.

Peace, remember that "some like it hot, some like it cold, some like it in the pot, nine days old".

Ouijdani

Postby Ouijdani » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:34 pm

I got some nice scrolls from a few people and have a some sources now.

I'm not sure about the "can't find you under either name" question: if it was directed at me, I am "Ouijdain_II" on Sabah. My lone city is Kal Et Ouijdani in 48S.

Ouij

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:20 pm

ROFL. We're in the same nome and I didn't notice it. :D :D :D :D

abana

Postby abana » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:20 pm

Love it!

Asterix~

Postby Asterix~ » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:58 am

I like the logic in this thread. And the lack of flaming.

Still, I don't really understand what the problem with gifting actually is. Yes, it breaks game mechanics and for those who want to spend time playing the game without assistance, it is annoying. But in general, I don't see how its specifically bad and stops production. You can just put up all the goods you get on the market and it gets turned into bread, which you can stockpile to save time later.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:03 am

Well, when you put something for sale, you have to pay a 10 % fee in advance. You have better things to do with your bread, especially because it may take a while before somebody takes pity on you and buys your 25 goods.
This is a game, it isn't real life. If I were poor and somebody'd give me a lot of money, a home, clothes etc to get me going, that'd be fantastic of course. But here, beginning players are made to look like paupers who need support. It's insufferable.

Edit: I'll make one exception though: EVERYBODY: donate the hell out of Tinkerbell's towns!!! :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:36 pm

"tutmoses ii" wrote:Edit: I'll make one exception though: EVERYBODY: donate the hell out of Tinkerbell's towns!!! :D

LOL !!!

:p

:D

Return to “World - Sabah”