Envoys?

All discussion regarding the world of Sabah
DillonBlake

Envoys?

Postby DillonBlake » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Has anyone figured out envoys? What I mean is that are certain treasures alloted to certain explorations. For example, when I explore my Nome I tend to get linens or flowers. Does that mean that if I want to get wine or monkeys I need to Journey to Punt? Maybe blades are restricted to Mediterranean Exploration? Are the treasures in some way tied to one's ranking or are they just for extra amusement?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Howdy, DillonBlake!

"DillonBlake" wrote:Has anyone figured out envoys?

My Labs are getting closer & closer to figuring out Quests along with a bit of SWAG. ;) Please read my thread

Quests Payoff ~ Number Crunching Here!

However, please keep in mind that I believe things have changed a bit. The thread began when only a few Quest types were available on Sabah & then more were added & finally Quests were pushed to Theoris. I think the numbers changed each time & perhaps other tweaks have come in. Therefore, early Labs might no longer be operative. ;)

What I mean is that are certain treasures alloted to certain explorations. For example, when I explore my Nome I tend to get linens or flowers.

I believe that percentages increase with each quest, not necessarily the Profile Item types possible. It used to be bottom 8 with brick quests & all 12 with speedup quests, more or less.

Yes, I think we can only get Flowers, Linen & Scarabs from Nome Quests (scarabs from every quest).

Does that mean that if I want to get wine or monkeys I need to Journey to Punt?

I think we can get wine, or at least we used to be able to get wine & the 8 lower Profile Items from Desert & above Quests.

Maybe blades are restricted to Mediterranean Exploration?

Blade, Golden Blade, Armor & MONKEYS !!! ~ The top four are at least available via Journey & above Quests. I have not seen them from Med Quests, so not sure about this part yet.

Are the treasures in some way tied to one's ranking or are they just for extra amusement?

Well, Quests are dependent on Capital Palace level. We get one envoy for each Palace upgrade that contains a Spec Point starting at P7, P10, P13, P16, P19 & a max of 6 envoys with P22.

I also have a hypothesis that as the Palace level goes up, the lower quests (ie doing quests on the cheap) become less effective. Meaning that with 6 envoys & Palace 22, the cheaper quests become less effective to prevent exploiting them & the player should really be doing the higher quests possible.

Please keep in mind that this is a Lab in progress & I get data from friends & Wall posts, not just my personal 197 quest results on both servers. It would make the most sense that since there are 12 items & 6 quests, that it should be 2 new items with each increase in quest level, but the data doesn't appear to fit this model. However, I have to keep the possibility that the increase in percentages is not linear within a quest ~ meaning a bell-shaped curve ~ so that a certain quest has a better chance of getting a specific item than another quest. This is the tough part to Lab.

Happy Questing & Good Luck! :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:33 pm

You're on the same path like I.

My perception is that the treasure odds follow a logical pattern: That means, you won't find wine in a tomb. But you'll find a lot of wine in Rome. Where is Rome? In the desert? No - in the Mediterraneans! So if you wanna find wine, make a Mediterranean exploration.

Here's what I think where you find what kind of stuff:

For flowers and linens, make a nome exploration. Flowers only grow near the Nile, linens are made of reed that also only grows close to water.
Monkeys and hammers can only be found in the desert.
If you're looking for blades and statues, search in the tombs.
Wine and armors you'll find in the Mediterraneans.
If you want gems or quartz, make a journey to Punt.
On a holy pilgrimage, you'll find (quite logically) those things that are considered as relics: golden blades (=> like the one David defeated Goliath with or the knights used on their crusades) and skins (=> the animals Abraham has sacrificed to his god, and possibly the one of his son Isaac :D ).
Last edited by Mr Ears on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Wanderer

Postby Lost Wanderer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:44 pm

Trying to follow the 'logic'...which monkey lives in the desert?

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Well, that's where monkeys live, no? They don't live on the shores of the Nile, they certainly don't live entombed, they don't live at the Mediterranean coasts, neither in Israel or in Punt.

Lost Wanderer

Postby Lost Wanderer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Erm...umm...but they don't live in the desert....at least not for long.

If we're basing on history or real facts, the monkeys are most likely from Punt or the Mediterranean.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:38 pm

"Lost Wanderer" wrote:If we're basing on history or real facts, the monkeys are most likely from Punt or the Mediterranean.

or Holys cuz I am desperately praying for em. LOL ;)

DillonBlake

Postby DillonBlake » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:05 pm

Most of that stuff makes sense. Looks like I'll be wasting a lot of ships in my capital. Better make sure that there is a lot of cedar and shipfitters available there. Thanks.

Mr Ears

Hasn't anybody noticed the obvious mistake??? Tssss...poor performance!

Postby Mr Ears » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:55 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Howdy, DillonBlake!

My Labs are getting closer & closer to figuring out Quests along with a bit of SWAG. ;) Please read my thread

Quests Payoff ~ Number Crunching Here!

However, please keep in mind that I believe things have changed a bit. The thread began when only a few Quest types were available on Sabah & then more were added & finally Quests were pushed to Theoris. I think the numbers changed each time & perhaps other tweaks have come in. Therefore, early Labs might no longer be operative. ;)

I believe that percentages increase with each quest, not necessarily the Profile Item types possible. It used to be bottom 8 with brick quests & all 12 with speedup quests, more or less.

Yes, I think we can only get Flowers, Linen & Scarabs from Nome Quests (scarabs from every quest).

I think we can get wine, or at least we used to be able to get wine & the 8 lower Profile Items from Desert & above Quests.

Blade, Golden Blade, Armor & MONKEYS !!! ~ The top four are at least available via Journey & above Quests. I have not seen them from Med Quests, so not sure about this part yet.

Well, Quests are dependent on Capital Palace level. We get one envoy for each Palace upgrade that contains a Spec Point starting at P7, P10, P13, P16, P19 & a max of 6 envoys with P22.

I also have a hypothesis that as the Palace level goes up, the lower quests (ie doing quests on the cheap) become less effective. Meaning that with 6 envoys & Palace 22, the cheaper quests become less effective to prevent exploiting them & the player should really be doing the higher quests possible.

Please keep in mind that this is a Lab in progress & I get data from my imaginary, nonexistent friends & Wall posts, not just my personal 197 quest results on both servers. It would make the most sense that since there are 12 items & 6 quests, that it should be 2 new items with each increase in quest level, but the data doesn't appear to fit this model. However, I have to keep the possibility that the increase in percentages is not linear within a quest ~ meaning a bell-shaped curve ~ so that a certain quest has a better chance of getting a specific item than another quest. This is the tough part to Lab.

Happy Questing & Good Luck! :)

fixed :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:38 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:fixed :D

Troll

Pontius Pilatus

Can you explain that word to me?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:19 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Troll

Lately you started to use the word "Troll". What does that word mean?

Please explain it to me. I can understand clown, your fav from yesteryear when you didn't have arguments to debate with. Why this shift?

Is this the troll meaning I always associated with you? Let's face it, you have a tremendous amount of posts in this forum, I don't know anyone else with that amount. Usually you spot the troll by the number of useless posts. I think you qualify nicely.

Troll. ;)
But it ain't necessarily so.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:31 pm

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:Lately you started to use the word "Troll". What does that word mean?

Please explain it to me. I can understand clown, your fav from yesteryear when you didn't have arguments to debate with. Why this shift?

Is this the troll meaning I always associated with you? Let's face it, you have a tremendous amount of posts in this forum, I don't know anyone else with that amount. Usually you spot the troll by the number of useless posts. I think you qualify nicely.

Troll. ;)

If you throw his tremendous number of posts alltogether and pile them up, what do you get?

What you get is an enormous mountain of garbage. Enormous enough to have a snow topping...
So enormous that people die of mountain sickness when climbing it.
It even is that enormous that it has glaciers!!
Last edited by Mr Ears on Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:46 pm

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:Lately you started to use the word "Troll". What does that word mean?

;)

Do yourself a big favor and put him on mute. More peaceful and less headaches without his drivel.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:28 am

"Rnett" wrote:Do yourself a big favor and put him on mute. More peaceful and less headaches without his drivel.

Troll

Another Trifecta!

Pontius Pilatus
Mr Ears
Rnett

...triple word score again...

Pontius Pilatus

Go back into your cave!

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 am

Ha ha, he learnt a new word.

Now wriggle back to your underground dwellings and play with the other creatures of the dark, trolling troglophile.

Ah another picture uncle Pontius, please, pretty please?
Ok children, here's the picture:

T. in his natural costume. Read about his lifestyle here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naked_mole_rat

Cheers T :eek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thechris

Postby thechris » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:54 pm

The naked mole rat is native to the drier parts of the tropical grasslands of East Africa,

LIES ALL LIES

he lives in north america, i lil cold for naked animals

Pontius Pilatus

How well do you know San Diego Zoo?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:08 pm

"thechris" wrote:The naked mole rat is native to the drier parts of the tropical grasslands of East Africa,

LIES ALL LIES

he lives in north america, i lil cold for naked animals

They live there, really! Have a look!

http://www.sandiegozoo.org/animalbytes/t-naked_mole-rat.html

Here's a picture of you both! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thechris

Postby thechris » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:26 pm

is that in insult? because we would be one of the first animals to ever type
google much?

Pontius Pilatus

Naked mole-rats are almost clones, just like the pair of you.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:10 pm

You see, because there is one mother of the whole colony, a very bossy one btw(ring a bell?), all members are genetically very similar.

So are you a clone, then when the shoe fits? :rolleyes:

Cheers little buddy!

thechris

Postby thechris » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:57 pm

COOL i never know they could clone me over the internet

Return to “World - Sabah”