How many inactives are in the top 100 in Sabah?

All discussion regarding the world of Sabah
lynnk

How many inactives are in the top 100 in Sabah?

Postby lynnk » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:58 pm

I have just randomly checked some of the players in the top 100 rankings because I had noticed that since January this year a high ranking player in a nome near me had never been active....

I have found lots and lots of inactives in the rankings on Sabah - I guess that they bought the 'disable inactivity delete' feature with the free scarabs and their bread etc is in the orange thus enabling them to stay in the rankings....

I was going to keep this quiet because it is just another symptom of the malaise with the game and I do not want to see it die.... but it needs to be pointed out and fixed before it gets any worse and kills the game :(

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Howdy, lynnk!

For some unkown reason, TM has turned off the weekly server sweeps like the ones we have in Theoris. TM did this in September 2009.

Agreed, there are tons of dead accounts in Sabah & most do NOT have inactive immunity. Even the ones with inactive immunity & also permanent vacation modes for months & months are destroying Sabah. These are dead accounts also & all of them need to be swept.

New accounts are now placed in Sabah around 160N & S, cuz there is no more room towards the Center of the Nile. The game places cities by starting at the Center, checking each nome for less than 11 cities & moves outward. This is so there is room for existing players to expand & how it should be.

And yes, absolutely, the Top 100 Ranks is full of very old dead accounts.

Tis a HUGE problem.

Malkata

Postby Malkata » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 pm

I guess that explains why I seem to have run into a block to progress up the rankings :(

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:36 pm

"Malkata" wrote:I guess that explains why I seem to have run into a block to progress up the rankings :(

Still doable, Malkata. I went immortal yesterday at 9. However, the top Sabah ranks now require perfect empires. It's not easy! ;)

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:22 am

Sabah is almost like civil service - someone has to die before you get promoted. :(

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:51 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Still doable, Malkata. I went immortal yesterday at 9. However, the top Sabah ranks now require perfect empires. It's not easy! ;)

Congrats for a top 10 finish Tinkerbell!
:cool:

aaa

Postby aaa » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:00 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Howdy, lynnk!

New accounts are now placed in Sabah around 160N & S, cuz there is no more room towards the Center of the Nile. The game places cities by starting at the Center, checking each nome for less than 11 cities & moves outward. This is so there is room for existing players to expand & how it should be.

And yes, absolutely, the Top 100 Ranks is full of very old dead accounts.

Tis a HUGE problem.

Yesterday, I opened up an account on Sabah. My city is in 46S. There are lots of inactive accounts and I am not sure if there is anyone around but that is where the fates placed my city. I will see how it goes.

abana

Postby abana » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:50 am

The advantage is that although there are 11 cites in the Nome(so you get bandit events), no one else is active to compet with you to fill it, you should be able to get all of it.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:32 am

"abana" wrote:The advantage is that although there are 11 cites in the Nome(so you get bandit events), no one else is active to compet with you to fill it, you should be able to get all of it.

But it will take a lot longer to get those goods, so that it may be better not to use them at all while you're small.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:20 pm

"aaa" wrote:Yesterday, I opened up an account on Sabah. My city is in 46S. There are lots of inactive accounts and I am not sure if there is anyone around but that is where the fates placed my city. I will see how it goes.

Howdy, aaa!

That is cuz someone went immortal/deleted their account & opened a hole for you.

It happend to me too after going immortal, I restarted immediately. ;) My Sabah III account placed me in 0S, one of my previous nomes. I deleted that one & waited over 24 hours for New Accounts to take my place & when I restarted again, was placed out in the Wilderness (will not say exactly where yet, cuz I am still hiding from gifters so I can enjoy my start game). Very dead here at the end of the Nile & most New Accounts nearby are already inactive. Definitely gonna move closer to the Center with my 2nd city asap.

~ ~ ~

By the way, there is a Nile IE bug. You cannot delete an account on IE. You will get the "your account has been deleted" message, but the city is still there. You can even log in again & resume. To delete a Nile account, you should use firefox (the only other browser I tried). Firefox DOES delete the account.

Since there are no server sweeps in Sabah, please everyone deleting an account, please do NOT use IE to do it, or you will be adding to the Sabah Dead Account problem.

Thank You! :)

Note: Going Immortal with IE is fine. No IE problems there. It is just the IE delete account option that is broken.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:44 pm

aaa: 46S is quite close to where I was in a former life. There are two big and friendly players quite close to you; Ouijdani_II and QueenJ. Talk to them.

Return to “World - Sabah”