Server Sweep

All discussion regarding the world of Sabah
abana

Server Sweep

Postby abana » Sun May 02, 2010 4:15 am

There are a lot of us who would really like to see this happen, everyone who agrees, post here, and elaborate. Maybe TM will see the need.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Sun May 02, 2010 7:28 am

Yes indeed!

But what will happen to the vacation players? They shouldn't be killed.

abana

Postby abana » Sun May 02, 2010 7:47 am

I understand a server sweep to be automated, and that those players on vacation(or those with inactivity immunity) won't be gone.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 02, 2010 9:52 am

A server sweep is desperately needed.

Currently Sabah shows 3193 accounts, with Theoris on 3198. The difference is that 90% of those accounts in Sabah are inactive or on vacation. New players are being forced further and further outwards - those who continue playing often find themselves the only active player in their nome, with markets completely dead. It is hardly the best of starts!

alvin

Postby alvin » Sun May 02, 2010 10:48 am

Ivy, as a new player I agree with what you are saying. I was placed way north when I began playing about a month ago. I worked to get a new city started so that I'd be closer to the center. Now with one new city closer in and my original city further out, I still cannot sell anything in the market. What I put in there, lower than anyone else, sits for days now. I've sold nothing. When you need large quantities of bread to support your workers, and to begin new cities, it becomes frustrating. When I was in last night my nome was attacked by bandits. Now little level 3 is going to handle that one? I don't think so. Expanding markets takes supplies. With my capital a day away on the Nile, expansion is slow. What happens with new players? This gets old quick, and they walk away. More inacctive accounts, more future frustration. :(

abana

Postby abana » Sun May 02, 2010 1:22 pm

And the problem with telling them to delete their account rather than to le it become inactive, is that people think that they will become interested again.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun May 02, 2010 1:47 pm

There ought to be a limit on both inactive immunity & vacation mode for several reasons.

As we found out in Theoris, vacation mode is also used as a grifeing & rank protection cheat. A player does not have to feed monument soldiers on vacation mode. momo, rank 11 has been on vacation mode for months & months with 31,000 & 32,000 soldiers at monuments in Theoris (momo went on vacation mode at rank #1). Vacation mode is also bugged, you can still play the game somewhat on vacation mode, as we found out with bevus.

There is also the Internet Explorer Delete Account bug, where an account only appears to be deleted, but is not actually & cities remain.

I suggest a limit on inactive immunity & vacation mode of 3 months. No one seriously playing Nile needs more than this. A player cannot log in once every three months to save their account?

As for the broken Sabah server sweeps, as I have posted over & over, Jeff Fiske knows about the Sabah situation.

If a player becomes interested agan, they can restart like the rest of us do.

These accounts are dead weight & they are in the way.

Inactive immunity & vacation mode is a growing problem in Theoris & I expect it to become just as bad as Sabah in the near future.

Nuke em TM!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun May 02, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Sun May 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Inactivity tends to be something which people just sort of drift into, rather than making a conscious decision. That's why we need server sweeps.

Alvin, I sympathise. In particular it's hard to get together the bread for new cities when you can't make any sales on the market. An alternative is to try to get bread trades on the Wall. About the bandits - just ignore them until you are stronger. They will not attack your city and nothing bad will happen if you just leave them alone.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Howdy, alvin!

"alvin" wrote:Ivy, as a new player I agree with what you are saying. I was placed way north when I began playing about a month ago. I worked to get a new city started so that I'd be closer to the center. Now with one new city closer in and my original city further out, I still cannot sell anything in the market. What I put in there, lower than anyone else, sits for days now. I've sold nothing. When you need large quantities of bread to support your workers, and to begin new cities, it becomes frustrating. When I was in last night my nome was attacked by bandits. Now little level 3 is going to handle that one? I don't think so. Expanding markets takes supplies. With my capital a day away on the Nile, expansion is slow. What happens with new players? This gets old quick, and they walk away. More inacctive accounts, more future frustration. :(

Thank You sooo much for this post! :)

I have been yelling & screaming at TM for months & months over this.

When I rejoined Sabah for my 3rd time, I began as rank 2966 waaay out in the dead Wilderness Nome at 162N where New Players are being placed (farther out now). After placing my first buildings & upgrades, the next rank update put me at rank 1737, still Palace 1.

That means I had already passed 41.4% of ALL Sabah in less than 12 hours. Just by placing initial buildings that cost 10 bricks.

In other words, 41.4% of ALL Sabah, are DEAD single Palace 1 accounts.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun May 02, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Sun May 02, 2010 6:52 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:In other words, 41.4% of ALL Sabah, are DEAD single Palace 1 accounts.

But some of them are sleepers. Just waiting for their moment to strike.

Again you're underestimating other players...

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 am

Both are well over a year old and in the case of Sabah approaching a Year and Half. Time to reset the damn things already!

Return to “World - Sabah”