Tips for Theoris: "direct" trading through market

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
blinkkin
Location: Poland, Bialystok / in-game nick Iconoclast (284N - Rahat-ib, 287N - Setmewet)

Tips for Theoris: "direct" trading through market

Postby blinkkin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:59 am

Building ships with low level Palace is very time consuming, but there's workaround for close trading. Every new city has market, still bread can be problem.

Better way is to exchange materials direct. You can do it by putting "Buy orders" on market. As a example you got 25 henna and you're looking for 25 cedar. Your partner can put buy order for 25 henna 0.1 bread each and then you do the same for cedar.

Commission is almost none and by using "Buy orders" no one can snatch goods.

Maybe someone will find that useful. You can put here other tips for new game.

btw. Once again sorry for poor english.
Last edited by blinkkin on Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:33 am

Old risky advice. One con is that someone else might spot the "deal" on the market before your intended partner and buy the item before he can.

You many end up owing the guy another shipment to keep him happy if you already bought his for .01 bread ea and he still has nothing in return.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:43 am

Who will fulfill a buy order for 0.1 bread except the one you trade with?

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:11 pm

"Keith" wrote:Old risky advice. One con is that someone else might spot the "deal" on the market before your intended partner and buy the item before he can.

You many end up owing the guy another shipment to keep him happy if you already bought his for .01 bread ea and he still has nothing in return.

I'll take that risk! :D Oh gosh, I would have to offer to buy more stuff at 0.1 ;)

Think you have confused sell orders versus buy orders. I used this technique early on and it works nice - but its a pain compared to shipping stuff directly so eventually it is abandoned. As OP points out, its an early stages thing.

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:22 pm

And in order for it to be successful, you really need to have your market upgraded and so do others. I wonder what most people are spending their bricks/time on atm? I'm willing to bet palace, wheat, bakery, etc.

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:01 pm

Yea, I did confuse Sell and Buy. It was a long night for me.

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:39 pm

I see some vultures having 25 cedar on the market for 20 bread each already. Laugh is on them because who has 500 bread and also a exchange built.

Takes time the first couple of days. Even if you have willing trade partners.

Return to “World - Theoris”