"General" Trade Wall

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

"General" Trade Wall

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:27 pm

Isn't it great how the Trade Wall is basically a general wall right now? I didn't even need to hijack it, because there is NO trading... :p

Siptah
Location: Fürth, Germany | Immortal in Sabah | as Men Maat Ra in Sabah & Theoris now

Postby Siptah » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:33 pm

oh you can advertise your market sales there and plan future trades or get some first ship cedar deals.. it could be useful for trading even now...

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Still though, it's surreal. There is no real trade going on now... :rolleyes:

Lendi

Postby Lendi » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:43 am

Is it just me or is no one managing to get cedar? It's like the cedar people are just trading for what they want, usually, that I can see, is jewelry.. I can't remember that far back, but how did we manage to get our ships started the first time around? Anyone recall? :rolleyes:

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:55 am

"Lendi" wrote:Is it just me or is no one managing to get cedar? It's like the cedar people are just trading for what they want, usually, that I can see, is jewelry.. I can't remember that far back, but how did we manage to get our ships started the first time around? Anyone recall? :rolleyes:

the nile was short and we upgraded to increase market range. We used the market to transport by arranging trades through it. Cedar did not become important till the ships for 2nd city and then the beta was made public and the nile became bigger. Then the 24 hour cap on shipping was introduced and nerfed cedar again.

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:16 am

Well I just had to pay 300 for 25 emeralds from the Nubian Traders.

Nearest emerald producer is a few nomes away and none has been on the market yet. I'd have to upgrade my market for a couple of days just to get to a emerald nome and then there may not be much on the market.

I don't think there will be too many L4 cities for a while. I'm aiming to be there in about 8 hours.

Interesting game when you totally relie on market.

Lendi

Postby Lendi » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:38 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:Well I just had to pay 300 for 25 emeralds from the Nubian Traders.

Nearest emerald producer is a few nomes away and none has been on the market yet. I'd have to upgrade my market for a couple of days just to get to a emerald nome and then there may not be much on the market.

I don't think there will be too many L4 cities for a while. I'm aiming to be there in about 8 hours.

Interesting game when you totally relie on market.

So your basically just slogging bread out as fast as possible in order to trade on the market? Personally, I'm so disgusted by what the Nubian trader is asking for in return for a lousy 25 of this or that, that I won't give TM the satisfaction of doing any trading with it.. lol! I finally got some cedar tonight, enough to get two ships going at any rate, then I can start trading my henna.. I wish I still had emmies, CC, I'd be happy to trade with you.. :p

NoteVan1

Postby NoteVan1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:41 am

There are already a few level 4 cities and I should be able to upgrade to level 4 tomorrow.

IIRC, when I first started playing I bought everything off the market. I also started playing at the same time as a bunch of my friends and most of us landed on 195N (some nice luck there).

Ah, the good old days when everyone was naive and trading was simple.

P.S. has anyone found any treasure yet?

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:24 am

I think someone had found 8 jewelry today.

Just clicked on L4 upgrade.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:07 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:I think someone had found 8 jewelry today.

:eek:

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:12 am

"Caesar Clifford" wrote:I think someone had found 8 jewelry today.

Damn, I gotta stop sleeping when you guys are awake. :p

Caesar Clifford

Postby Caesar Clifford » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:36 am

"Czech Centurian" wrote:Damn, I gotta stop sleeping when you guys are awake. :p

Thats okay. I gotta sleep now and am out all day tomorrow. So will drop a bit.

Just watched great game of cricket. Second highest total runs in a game ever. We nearly won.

Return to “World - Theoris”