Lux mats trading 3:1 to lux goods - WHY!!

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
abana

Postby abana » Wed May 06, 2009 1:12 am

But if they want to interact with adults, be treated like adults, they should behave like adults.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed May 06, 2009 1:24 am

"abana" wrote:But if they want to interact with adults, be treated like adults, they should behave like adults.

You start first

abana

Postby abana » Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 am

I can't resist, how am I not doing that?

iCat

Postby iCat » Wed May 06, 2009 11:08 am

serious-cat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tygari

Postby Tygari » Fri May 08, 2009 9:18 pm

*laughs her tail off at Icat*

Well I am still trading at profit mew and markets picking up mew. I finding multiple people to buy cheap from mew. I have found that if your willing to do bread purchases through exchanges people seem more willing to trade for a cheaper price mew. I now have lots of bread mew. And lots of resources purchased mew. I am running into the problem of building now being to slow mew.

Ramzez

Postby Ramzez » Fri May 08, 2009 9:33 pm

"iCat" wrote:Hmmmm. Change tactics we must, if to survive we want. Mew.
[attachment=]30427[/attachment]

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Fri May 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey, if that was a black lab, that would be our dog and his cat. :P

Tygari

Postby Tygari » Fri May 08, 2009 11:25 pm

*feels sorry for that poor kitty* To be touched by such a disgraceful creature in such a way mew... *shivers*

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Fri May 08, 2009 11:47 pm

You're slipping Tygari 'row, you left out two mews 'row.

Tygari

Postby Tygari » Sat May 09, 2009 6:26 am

No I didn't mew. *~~~* represents actions mew. Only mew at the end of spoken sentences mew.

darlingBri

Postby darlingBri » Sun May 10, 2009 2:29 am

You understand you are participating in a public, community space in an entirely self-indulgent way, yes?

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Mon May 11, 2009 12:49 am

"GaSplat" wrote:I survived two teenage girls, so now I just sit back and laugh. :)

OK I was going to comment, then I read through all the mew, bark, kapow, gasplat (sound not person!) & forgot what I was going to say. It was darn good too....sigh.

GaSplat, can you tell me how to survive one 16 year old boy? LOL

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Mon May 11, 2009 1:47 am

Sorry, can't help there. Two girls. No experience raising boys, just memories of growing up and gratitude I got girls. ;)

Haester

Postby Haester » Mon May 11, 2009 3:13 am

"darlingBri" wrote:You understand you are participating in a public, community space in an entirely self-indulgent way, yes?

Exactly. If I wanted young identity-obsessed people drawing attention to themselves, I'd hang out on MySpace.

Anyhoo, I enjoy exploiting the market rates to my advantage, or paying out the nose when I am desperate, but definitely like the fair trading on the wall.

Tygari

Postby Tygari » Tue May 12, 2009 6:22 am

the wall is NOT fair trading it is rip off scams mew. *sigh*

Feldt

Postby Feldt » Tue May 12, 2009 9:14 am

Sometimes the wall isn't fair trading.

If you're smart, you download the Fair Trade calculator script. I always use it to check the rates when trading for odd things like bricks, pots, baskets and the like.

And yes, people are selfish sometimes, not willing to trade the fair rates on for example sculptures and sandals. But in the end both traders have to agree, so then again, what's 'fair'?

Discussion discussion discussion. =)

Siptah
Location: Fürth, Germany | Immortal in Sabah | as Men Maat Ra in Sabah & Theoris now

Postby Siptah » Tue May 12, 2009 9:41 am

fair is what works with both trade partners knowing the values.

if i would trade sculptures : jewelry 1:1 with you it would be fair since we both know the prices but still agree to do it that way.

if trade with a newby and say gold is much more precious than leather and ask a trade 1:3 it is a ripp off

same goes for the market - if something sells at 20/per it is a fair price ;-)

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Tue May 12, 2009 5:25 pm

Once again we are back at the question of taking advantage of someone and their ignorance. People of every age and maturity level play this game. Some may be too (fill in the blank) to be able to spend the time we do learning about spreadsheets and listed bread values, or they may not completely understand it. They must rely on the help of others in the game to not only trade with them fairly but to also to fill them in when there is a gross misrepresentation on the part of an unscrupulous player.

It all goes to the golden rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Unfortunately, there are opportunistic players in every game, as well as those who are in a position to be taken advantade of.

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Wed May 13, 2009 4:01 am

Don't get me wrong, I don't try to swindle folks, and I will educate those I run across who are interested. But part of me thinks that this is a good place to learn that if you walk around in a cloud of naivety and ignorance, then you are exercising a special form of self indulgence and need to be prepared to pay the price. ;)

Sometimes folks act like the school of hard knocks should be outlawed. I think there are smarter ways to learn, but people need to understand that they should expect to get taken at some point if they don't want to do their homework. We are not obligated to look out for lost souls. Too many people feel entitled to a guaranteed favorable outcome without making a real effort on their own part. Learn from the wiki, learn from the forum, or learn from the unscrupulous. Work with me, I'll gladly share what I know. But I feel no need to go and rescue people from others.

Ok, end rant. :)

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Wed May 13, 2009 11:43 am

While I definitely agree with you, there are also some in this game (which are not always easily identified) who are not of a maturity level to be our equals in this area. I think about my son playing Runescape when he was 10 for example. He was playing with people of all ages, just like here, and would always get so mad when he realized someone took advantage of him because he just didn't know any better. Like the first time he followed someone into the wilderness and they killed him because he didn't know they could attack him there.

I'm not talking about people how wander around blindly, putting their goods up for sale in the market below bread value day after day. I'm talking about those who don't know any better who some people intentionally take advantage of, especially new players. But, I agree they should educate themselves and just like the real world there are unscrupulous people everywhere.

Maybe I just miss the good old days a little too much, lol.

Return to “World - Theoris”