I have a fan club

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
valkyrieamber

I have a fan club

Postby valkyrieamber » Sat May 16, 2009 5:52 am

Names have been changed to protect the guilty!

From scrolls (in chronological order):

Them: You destroy our market ,All of us decide to fight for the freedom!!

-----------------------------------------------
Me: how so?

Them: valkyrieamber's cities:
Amber Palace (10S) Ruby Palace (25S)
Sapphire Palace (198S) Amethyst Palace (304S)

ITS ALL. Don't you understand what you are doing?

Me: well, I'm ranked #3, so I like to think I know what I'm doing, yes...

Them: thanks!It reached a determination.
Let's fail together. I can be going to never see you in ranking in the future...

Good luck!!!

And, my combat log as it currently reads:

An estimated 1 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Rest (10S)! (arrival in 9h 34m)
An estimated 0 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Watch (25S)! (arrival in 9h 35m)
An estimated 1 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Watch (25S)! (arrival in 28h 22m)
An estimated 0 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Rest (10S)! (arrival in 28h 22m)
An estimated 1 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Watch (25S)! (arrival in 32h 59m)
An estimated 1 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Rest (10S)! (arrival in 32h 59m)
An estimated 0 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Rest (10S)! (arrival in 62h 17m)
An estimated 1 troops from [City Removed] heading toward Valkyrie's Watch (25S)! (arrival in 62h 17m)

Not really sure what he's talking about for the market thing either; the only thing I'm selling that he's also selling, his is cheaper than mine and I'm not dropping my prices to undercut him either. =P It certainly does feel nice to be so loved though!

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Sun May 17, 2009 6:24 am

Welcome to the Internet where you are exposed to aspects of humanity you knew probably existed but had never really had to face. ;)

homegrown

Postby homegrown » Mon May 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Maybe someone can find the post by JeffFiske, but I'm pretty sure he has said at one point or another that multiple 1-unit attacks are harassment and therefore, bannable under the Terms and Conditions.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Thu May 21, 2009 5:18 am

"homegrown" wrote:Maybe someone can find the post by JeffFiske, but I'm pretty sure he has said at one point or another that multiple 1-unit attacks are harassment and therefore, bannable under the Terms and Conditions.

Sounds really far-fetched...

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Thu May 21, 2009 7:28 am

From the "can you seek revenge against griefers" thread:

"Jeff Fiske" wrote:Anyone who has played Travian, or Ikarium, etc... can tell you that in those games it can take weeks to build up an army.

Oversimplification here-
This means that players who have been online longest have a huge advantage, especially with things like capital ships which can take days to build. So there just is no fighting someone who has been around for a couple of weeks ahead of you. This is not true in NO, and is one of the benefits of our current system. You can't really amass an army that is undefeatable the way you can in other games because the cost to maintain that army will slow down your domestic progress too much.

In NO-
If you hold a monument you get a defensive bonus.
You get a 1% production bonus for each level of monument. A 10% production bonus that offsets the fee for feeding your army.
You get a speed reduction from the prestige you generate from your monuments, so all of your ship travels are faster.

Basically, you lose bread to gain production and speed bonuses.

I wish more monuments were under attack, and when Tink is making a point about the gameplay, I am afraid I side with him.

You don't have to warn someone.
I would consider attacking when you know your opponent is asleep to be pretty cheep and expect to gain notoriety on walls.
Attacking someone just to annoy them is actually covered in the user agreement and is not allowed.
Attacking someone to take their monument and hold it is part of gameplay and encouraged.

BUT- notice that the game works quite well if you choose to ignore monuments as well. Yes, your rank will not be as high, but it should not be, you are playing an 'easier game' simply because you don't have to manage the feeding of your army and the monitoring of your monuments. If people who hold the monuments start charging too much for limestone, well then you can go take one for yourself.

I will talk with Reed about the penalties suffered when a monument changes hands, as those might be what is preventing people from attacking- it is pretty harsh when the quarry and monument get severely damaged. It actually does make someone mad because so much work is lost. This is the part that may be 'un-fair' or unbalanced. Nobody cares about the army, they care about the laborers, the bricks, the limestone, the time....

valkyrieamber

Postby valkyrieamber » Mon May 25, 2009 10:31 pm

I don't feel harassed though =P

Deguar

Postby Deguar » Mon May 25, 2009 11:49 pm

"valkyrieamber" wrote:I don't feel harassed though =P

You would if the days of the mighty single archer were still in play

valkyrieamber

Postby valkyrieamber » Tue May 26, 2009 3:31 am

"Deguar" wrote:You would if the days of the mighty single archer were still in play

*cowers in fear*

Ishtar

Postby Ishtar » Thu May 28, 2009 5:25 am

*hugs valkyrieamber*

It's meeee Ishtar from the general board. :o

Aenea

Postby Aenea » Thu May 28, 2009 5:35 am

"Ishtar" wrote:*hugs valkyrieamber*

It's meeee Ishtar from the general board. :o

Run valkyrieamber, run NOW!!! LOL

Ishtar

Postby Ishtar » Thu May 28, 2009 5:40 am

"Aenea" wrote:Run valkyrieamber, run NOW!!! LOL

*tickles aenea mercilessly* :p

Aenea

Postby Aenea » Thu May 28, 2009 5:54 am

"Ishtar" wrote:*tickles aenea mercilessly* :p

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ishtar

Postby Ishtar » Thu May 28, 2009 11:35 am

"Aenea" wrote: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*hugs*

valkyrieamber

Postby valkyrieamber » Thu May 28, 2009 4:04 pm

there are no cupcakes to be found here, thread hijackers!

Return to “World - Theoris”