Gifts

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
Pontius Pilatus

Shall I uncap him then?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:38 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:You already know how the uncapping works.....you post the instructions all the time! :D

I could use some monuments for keeps. The coward doesn't even develop his plots anymore, defending them he never has. I could take them with 2 skinny bowmen and he would call it his victory, the silly serpent. :confused:

Let's make him into a griefer, he asks for it.

Cheers!
But it ain't necessarily so.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:42 pm

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:The coward...

LOL !!!

Prove you are not a coward, Troll peepee

Give us your ingame name on both servers like I have bravely done.

You won't do it, cuz you are a definite coward.

Pontius Pilatus

Well then if you give all the names of your double accounts, we are talking.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:54 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:LOL !!!

Prove you are not a coward, Troll peepee

Give us your ingame name on both servers like I have bravely done.

You won't do it, cuz you are a definite coward.

How many do you have BTW? 10? 20?
How many forumaccounts? Come on come clean.

Why should I give my precious single account away while I am surrounded by your clones? I think not. I call that prudent.

You brave? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attacking people in vacationmode, that's your speciality, foul leech.

Cheers!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:08 pm

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:Why should I give my precious single account away...

Wow, I never thought you would brag about your cowardice so quickly, yellow peepee

I accept your surrender

LOL !!!

Pontius Pilatus

Still not able to read, are you?

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:30 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Wow, I never thought you would brag about your cowardice so quickly, yellow peepee

I accept your surrender

LOL !!!

Shall I find you another cartoon, maybe you understand them better,

Now come out of the closet, Tink.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taboo

Postby Taboo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:15 pm

I always thought the problem of gifting was grossly exaggerated and all this drama was nothing more than a Saturday evening soap opera.
Until a few days ago when I posted on the trade wall for the first time.... :(

Does 20,000 goods sound like a game breaker for a lvl 4 city? :rolleyes:
what's worse is the gifter suggested I repay him later by either sending my oil or building a city in one of his nomes! :mad:

It isn't gifting it's extortion! :eek:

account deleted. :mad:

Ivy

Postby Ivy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:12 pm

What!!! Suggested you repay him 20,000 goods? Crazy, crazy! With a level 4 city and relatively few ships, that would take a long, long time.

Agreed, I think I might have deleted my account in those circumstances too! Don't be put off though, please do come back again. Fortunately most people are not like that.

Cazy

Postby Cazy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:34 pm

Taboo, who was the person? What's their in-game name?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:13 pm

"Taboo" wrote:I always thought the problem of gifting was grossly exaggerated and all this drama was nothing more than a Saturday evening soap opera.

what's worse is the gifter suggested I repay him later by either sending my oil or building a city in one of his nomes! :mad:

It isn't gifting it's extortion! :eek:

So sorry to hear this, Taboo. As I posted in Post #38, this is a common tactic used by the alphas & others. They want you to become their oil slave or some other type of slave in this case.

[censored]

Gifters are the destroyers of games.

...gifting is a curse on the game...

This is why old payers must die. They are the ones with too many goods. No one else would do that.

Taboo

Postby Taboo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:34 pm

"Cazy" wrote:Taboo, who was the person? What's their in-game name?

It was days ago so I don't remember or care.
I will be restarting eventually and I will never post on that damn wall. :rolleyes:

I've never been "gifted/griefed" before I used that thing.
It's an invitation :eek:

Thats why I thought this gifting thing was a non issue.
I never was gifted before and I was between some of those big players who do gift.
Seems like they only care about people who post in the wall.

PS I've no time for the old in-and-out love, I'm just checking the meter
kthaxbai
Last edited by Taboo on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muad'Dib

Postby Muad'Dib » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:05 am

"Taboo" wrote:I always thought the problem of gifting was grossly exaggerated and all this drama was nothing more than a Saturday evening soap opera.

It isn't gifting it's extortion!

You should have told him/her to shove those goods up.... well... you know...
It's just outrageous that a person thinks he/she could blackmail you with that.
Starting over is a bit extreme, but i totaly understand it if you did, tought about it myself too after almost 80k goods... sold most of it on the market at 0.1, ( somehow ppl can't resist 10k goods at 0.1 per ) and send some of it back. imagine you had bought some scarabs at that point :eek:

"Tinkerbell" wrote:
Gifters are the destroyers of games.

...gifting is a curse on the game...

Don't generalize it to much tho, to much gifts can kill you, but the care package i got from my old buddies in here, that one i liked, but most of them asked before gifting. That's the whole point i started it out this thread. Gifting doesn't have to be a bad thing, only not in overkill. Like Cazy and SlipperyJim said before: It's in the nature of NO to help other players out, rather it be with info on how to play the game, or with a occasionly small gift. It's the kindness with force i don't agree with. I agree with Caz on alerting the rest of the community who don't read the forums at all, but i don't want to spam the wall with: "wtt 1k bronze for 1k gold and if you like to gift, be sure to ask the other one if he/she wants it in the first place". I agree with you that it is TM who should take action with this overkill gifting tho.

"Tinkerbell" wrote: This is why old payers must die. They are the ones with too many goods. No one else would do that.

I took al my resources with me in my grave, but i did send out scrolls to my regular traders if they appreciated some goods as a thank you for all the help/goods/fun/etc. they gave me during that lifetime. Not all the high ranking players with an age over 40 years mess up game balance like you said :)
Last edited by Muad'Dib on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

Caprontos

Postby Caprontos » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:13 am

got sick of reading it seems mostly insulting eachother! :P but

What I gather from the topic is mainly if you want to give gifts, asking is being kinder, some people wanna do it themselves...

Muad'Dibi wrote:Maybe TM could build in a "agree with trade" button to prevent this? Seems to me that more and more players having trouble with the gifting part on the Nile...

Seems to be the only real suggestion might of been others and i missed them - sorry if I did, but that makes it so when I send stuff to someone from a scroll trade it may take hours just for my ships to go out.. then the hours it takes to get there.. because need to wait till they accept the trade...

My stance on gifting?
I only gift cedar really.. and never more then a 100... and only when asked- yes could just do 26 but then it seems like an empty ship or somehting...

I've been gifted - I wasn't upset and it didn't destroy my game..... in fact i hardly noticed i had gotten them really.. were traded away and lost in the shuffle..

For people who want a "challenge" maybe should do a "no trades, no monuments, no events(no temple, no bandits, no envoys), OOC.... ok not really a challenge... just a loot of waiting.. but still... buy everything from the market.. it'd take a long time and no evil giftters can mess it up... maybe ..... (just a suggestion)

also maybe could just set up a standard of having NG in your capital town's name if you want no gifts (I know why make people do something just to avoid someone else giving them piles of stuff?) (just a suggestion)

EDIT: I see someone already suggested this! didnt mean to steal it
hakla wrote:Maybe if someone doesn't want gifts they could put NG or NGP after their city name. The way single city players do. Then when the gifter went to the transport icon they would see it.

Maybe if you want to gift so bad, you can sit on the wall and be like "selling free stuff" .. (how do you sell free stuff?) and then all the new peoples who ask you can give, and no one is randomly offend by you. (just a suggestion)

If anyone wants to give away piles of stuff, I'll take it.. not because I suck at the game (how do you suck at it? you sit and wait till you have the stuff.... then use it :S I'm not sure how you do that wrong...) but because i want to give them an outlet for there need to be kind.. anyway ..

Have fun.... and don't let the giftters bite... or something..
Last edited by Caprontos on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muad'Dib

Postby Muad'Dib » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:42 am

"Caprontos" wrote:Seems to be the only real suggestion might of been others and i missed them - sorry if I did, but that makes it so when I send stuff to someone from a scroll trade it may take hours just for my ships to go out.. then the hours it takes to get there.. because need to wait till they accept the trade...

Yeah, trade by scroll would be kinda tricky.... not sure how to figure out that part...

Maybe add an option in your allies list like: Always agree to trade with this person???

Caprontos

Postby Caprontos » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:52 am

"Muad'Dib" wrote:Yeah, trade by scroll would be kinda tricky.... not sure how to figure out that part...

Maybe add an option in your allies list like: Always agree to trade with this person???

that could work.

"time lapes" so if they take an hour to accept it just takes an hour to off the send time.. then its no lose that way (less there only like 8mins away (I do a daily trade that can be 8mins) away.. then an hour time off an 8 min trade doesn't help haha... then it would of taken my ships negative? time to get there...

Taboo

Postby Taboo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:50 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:So sorry to hear this, Taboo. As I posted in Post #38, this is a common tactic used by the alphas & others. They want you to become their oil slave or some other type of slave in this case.

I don't think so, this was in Sabah and I saw people offering gifts to colonists all the time

What could a large player really get from a lvl 4 city anyways?
this guy didn't want me to give him any oil, he wanted me to build a city near him. He gave me two options, one was cheap and the other was ridiculous.
It was a very interesting way to ask though :rolleyes:

Whatever I still don't like being manipulated.

Pontius Pilatus

Interesting approach indeed.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:31 pm

"Taboo" wrote:I don't think so, this was in Sabah and I saw people offering gifts to colonists all the time

What could a large player really get from a lvl 4 city anyways?
this guy didn't want me to give him any oil, he wanted me to build a city near him. He gave me two options, one was cheap and the other was ridiculous.
It was a very interesting way to ask though :rolleyes:

Whatever I still don't like being manipulated.

Hya Taboo,

I understand you don't want others to tell you where to settle. Still I have seen the same on the walls, where people ask first if anybody is interested to settle in their nome in exchange for a really big gift. In your case you got the gift first and the return favor asked later. You can happily enjoy the gift and ignore the other part. Well, you can be civil about it and send a scroll kindly declining the offer or make a new friend and do as asked.
Shame I never got these freebies. :(

Cheers!

Lost Wanderer

Postby Lost Wanderer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:09 am

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:another gifter etc.

Brilliant. I have said I like to gift and receive gifts. Where did I say that I forced any amount on anybody? Your interpretation.
I said in my experience everybody I dealt with liked gifts and I receive loads of gifts from people I gifted earlier.

Perhaps there is some basic misunderstanding. I couldn't care less if you and your mates and anybody else you can find want to gift each other, and I couldn't care less what you gift each other. My problem, and if you read the thread, the problem most of the anti-gifting posters here have is not with all gifting. It's the unrequested, game changing, abusive gifting that has been a problem for me and many others posting here and in previous threads on the same topic.

It wasn't difficult to believe that you approve of abusive over-gifting - you certainly didn't state any opposition to it. Quite the opposite, you posted your support of gifting in a thread specifically criticizing the this type of gifting. If I have mischaracterized you, my apologies.

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:Well choke on this: maybe we replaced the rigid tradesystem with the cold WTT 1:1 and 1:3 with a more friendly way of reciprocating gifts. As a result we feel like friends helping eachother out instead of competitors on a temporary truce, ready to outdo eachother on the next turn.

The gifting society is a better society. :cool:

Cheers!

It's too bad that you limit yourself to friendships based on gifting. I find the entire NO community rewarding, not just a small section of it (even some wild gifters...shh, don't tell). Please, enough with all the choking stuff. Keep your fetishes off the forum, this is a family oriented community. :eek:

Pontius Pilatus

More inuendo.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:35 pm

"Lost Wanderer" wrote:Perhaps there is some basic misunderstanding. I couldn't care less if you and your mates and anybody else you can find want to gift each other, and I couldn't care less what you gift each other. My problem, and if you read the thread, the problem most of the anti-gifting posters here have is not with all gifting. It's the unrequested, game changing, abusive gifting that has been a problem for me and many others posting here and in previous threads on the same topic.

It wasn't difficult to believe that you approve of abusive over-gifting - you certainly didn't state any opposition to it. Quite the opposite, you posted your support of gifting in a thread specifically criticizing the this type of gifting. If I have mischaracterized you, my apologies.

It's too bad that you limit yourself to friendships based on gifting. I find the entire NO community rewarding, not just a small section of it (even some wild gifters...shh, don't tell). Please, enough with all the choking stuff. Keep your fetishes off the forum, this is a family oriented community. :eek:

Tut, tut.

First "apologizing" then producing more of that inuendo.

I give up, I'm lost and will wander elsewhere.

Cheers!

Antikuity

Postby Antikuity » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:14 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:First of all, this thread is about asking before you gift. Read much?
They are trying to destroy another player's game. They are already up there in rank & only gift cuz they have too many goods. This is the issue, not tiny gifts for New Players who want them.

Usually, I do nae try to attack another, but when I hae been attacked with nae any provocation, I will speak up. Ye, Tinkerbell, do owe this humble woman a grand apology. I am one of the higher ups in rank and hae ne'er sent a gift to ruin another's game. And it is nae that I hae too many goods. How dare ye think to speak mine mind for me? I hae a husband in real life that tries that, too, and I do nae think any more of him for it than I do ye.
There are many players here...all who hae their own opinion on many different things. There is nae a way that ye can claim that ye know all that others think. I hae seen ye posts and they are all designed to anger others. Why is that? If ye are so against a gift giver that ye hae to call them names and accuse them of things ye know nae of, why would ye want to anger others constantly? I hae pondered this for a while, but kept mine tongue.

I would rather be a gift giver than a critical person who deliberately goads others into showing their tempers. I feel sorry for ye in ye real life as ye true nature hae to shine through. THAT is mine opinion.
A small gift would be the same as a large one in some cases and cause as much damage to some. Mayhaps ye need to take a survey of all the nomes and ask each individual their opinion, then post it to show the facts instead of it just being the several who post here. Many do nae e'en know of the forums. That way, ye could anger many instead of just the few here.
Antikuity :mad:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:59 pm

"Antikuity" wrote:Usually, I do nae try to attack another,

liar

but when I hae been attacked with nae any provocation, I will speak up. Ye, Tinkerbell, do owe this humble woman a grand apology. :

"grand" apology for what? Your fantasy imagination & inability to even read for comprehension?

This entire page is full of nonsense & strawman arguments & then attacking things I never even said.

I'm waiting for your apology...

Return to “World - Theoris”