Gifts

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
Antikuity

Thank ye for proving mine point.

Postby Antikuity » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:10 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:liar

"grand" apology for what? Your fantasy imagination & inability to even read for comprehension?

This entire page is full of nonsense & strawman arguments & then attacking things I never even said.

I'm waiting for your apology...

Ye are nae worth mine time or effort. I am nae a liar, nor will I stoop to responding to all ye disrespect as I will nae play ye mind games.
:: :p ushes ignore button::: :(

chucklesII

Ho boy!

Postby chucklesII » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Is this what happens when one achieves double digit rank numbers? :eek:

I would spend more time on these forums but I don't for the same reason I don't watch soap operas.

@Miss Antikuity: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. ;)

Antikuity

Emptiness

Postby Antikuity » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:38 pm

"chucklesII" wrote:.

@Miss Antikuity: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. ;)

What man ahind what curtain, Chuckles? ::looks round e'erywhere, but finds only emptiness::: :confused: lol.

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Must've been a strawman I suppose.

Antikuity

Strawman?

Postby Antikuity » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:53 am

"chucklesII" wrote:Must've been a strawman I suppose.

I saw a strawman once in a movie, well, actually, two different movies and both the strawmen were burnt by others. Must nae be good to be a strawman, huh?

Muad'Dib

Postby Muad'Dib » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:41 pm

It seems like there are a lot of beggers lately on the walls, so the ppl who like gifting, i think Theo and Cosmin1512 would be thrilled to get all the goods they need and more!! So don't be shy and gift them tons and K's worth of stuff!!!

Caprontos

Postby Caprontos » Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 pm

so piles of extras lead to gifting which is leading to begging?.. but if one wanted to complete the game entirly on gifts... it would require a lot of begging..

might be bad to see a wall of people just saying give me give me give me... :P but if the gifting players gift enough of them they wont have anything to gift ..

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:04 pm

To gift, ... or not to gift. That is THE question.

Sorry Will

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Actually I am playing this round (#3) and specifically asking for no gifts. The 2 times I have not bothered to ask for no gifts I have received gifts. Thankfully both gifts were a simple shipment of 100 extra so I was able to return them or treat it like a trade and return a good within a few hours.

I think gifting is a bane on the game but I will admit that a simple gift of 100 items or one shipload is not a game buster.

:cool:
:cool:

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:35 pm

I have to admit, when I first read complaints about gifting I thought folks were overreacting just a tad. I can appreciate those concerns more now than I could then, but I still think "bane on the game" is overstating things.

My significant other received a ban for trying to repay a favor to someone that helped them earlier in another browser game. They call it "pushing" and it's overreacting of a different kind.

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Theo is still at it today! Image

Caprontos

Postby Caprontos » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:50 pm

*sigh* my anti-gift account has been corrupted.. one time i forgot to say no gifts.. and get 5k cedars... bah level 9 is not big enough to be able to say no gifts :P ... I should of remembered..

anyway I made anti-gift account to see if the game is truly more "challenging" and.. other then Sabah being a dead place.. the difficulty is same as I had assumed.. its just a lot of waiting.. in fact it just makes the start of the game exactly like the end game.. wait days just to get the stuff to do one thing.. (as opposed to wait days for one thing to finish) - its not necessarily more fun

I will give it the one difference is, when you do finally get whatever it was your saving up for its more satisfying you got it with out a gift.. but other then that.. no real difference in "challenge" from what I noticed...

I think had I just accepted gifts the game would of been more exciting at the start to be honest, then worked in to a slow dragging boringness.. (which could really turn new players off I can say really making it always slow dragging boringness is.. well boring..)

so what the game lacks seems ot be theres nothing more to gain as you get bigger.. just wait wait wait - there needs be more to do...

but I have made a small goal I won't post that has given this run some extra worth

one question to those who do give out lots of gifts... If you are going to give gifts..it dose make me wonder why can't they just trade me the goods? why dose it need be a gift... its a little odd.. You can "give" me 10k raws but You cant trade me 1k raws?... it is a little confusing..

SlipperyJim

Postby SlipperyJim » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:56 pm

"Caprontos" wrote:one question to those who do give out lots of gifts... If you are going to give gifts..it dose make me wonder why can't they just trade me the goods? why dose it need be a gift... its a little odd.. You can "give" me 10k raws but You cant trade me 1k raws?... it is a little confusing..

Your question is off-topic a bit, but worth discussing. (And hopefully less flame-tastic than the other discussion....)

I agree with your basic premise. No trade is too small for me. I'll send 13.2k limestone for 12k oil, and I'll also send 100 emeralds for 100 gold. It's all the same clicking, after all. My only "catch" is that I dislike sending partially-empty ships, so I'll always try to round a trade up to the next hundred. Sometimes, that means I'm giving away a little, but I don't mind. :)

Someone once opined that the best thing an experienced player can do to help a newbie is to be available for small trades. I totally agree. I want to help newbies, because I was a newbie once, and I remember how much help I needed. So I like to help. Sending 100 bricks for 100 cedar (or other small trades) is helping. I'm giving the newbie what he/she needs, and I'm also giving him/her a chance to learn how the Trade Wall works. Win-win!

That said, I still send gifts ... but only after asking for permission! :)

Return to “World - Theoris”