Cheating!!! Not right!! Watch your back!!

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:42 pm

"chucklesII" wrote:I didn't include Nubian traders for several reasons.

Dishonesty is the reason. You should be ashamed.

A new player usually cannot afford their high prices which border on extortion.

It was me who hassled TM first to create Nubian & then also to lower the prices TWICE.

You posted nothing, cuz you like most others love to be able to exploit New Players in the Wilderness via market manipulation. I teach New Players to not buy from the market, but to build boats & TRADE.

I take it that you also love gifting. I'm not surprized. Gifting is another huge exploit & would like to see removed, but that is nearly impossible.

Gifting is a curse on the game & an issue that Jeff Fiske will refuse to touch.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:46 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Your math is wrong, Ears.

That's just an empty claim. You have said nothing that invalidates the arithmetics. Just your usual abana...Ears....multiple accounts babbling.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:02 pm

I think I now have managed to smash all my best stuff about Nile into one thread.

Happy Trading, Egyptians!

Good Night & Good Luck! :)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Mr. Ears, thank you for your previous comments.

Removing the 2 monument Cap.

I do like the idea of removing the 2 monument cap, there are some questions to be answered though..

There are 3 things to consider, Rank, Monument Bonuses and Quarry production. I would tie rank to monument bonus since the quarry produces a product.

I think the Monument bonus is an easy puzzle to solve. First thing that needs to be decided by the developer is how much bonus do they want to be made available in game? And how much rank/prestige to add along with it. Currently the production bonus is a 10% total, and only TM knows the rank bonuses for sure. :cool:

If that number needs to stay the same then the Monument Bonus would have to stop after 2 complete monuments. You could have more but would receive no bonus.

So lets say TM picks a new bonus % from monuments and removes the cap.

Similar to CotN (for obvious reasons) each monument (or monument level) should give less bonus, I would reduce the total bonus by some percentage for each monument level in your possession.
Currently you get 1% per monument level, for a total of 10% correct?
Presuming we will be increasing the total to 20%...
Simply you could reduce the bonus % as you get more monument levels. I am not highly skilled at math but I would guess you could subtract 5% off each level bonus per level.

So level 1 gives 1% bonus, Level 2 gives an additional .95% bonus, Level 3 gives an additional .90% bonus, etc...
And perhaps the bonuses need to be reversed and assigned as a % of the total bonus?
L1 = .05%, L2 = .10%, etc...

This should mean either way that after 20 monument levels (4 monuments) you no longer gain any bonus. This needs to be experimented with to find a somewhat happy balance after the total bonus available is decided

Whats a good number of monument levels to actually get bonuses from? In CotN it seems like you lose 50% of the possible bonus every time you place another object.
And if the cap is gone you can have more monuments and get small rank additions but no more bonuses on production.

The Limestone riddle seems a little tough to work out since Limestone is part of the economy. I do not think anyone wants a Limestone Lord. :eek:
I am pretty sure that if the monuments were uncapped we would have a Limestone Lord in short time. Do we have to limit the number of quarry levels a single person can control? Perhaps that would work..

If the monument plot was uncapped how do we stop a single player from producing 30k+ limestone daily?
If this Limestone Lord is selling/ trading daily all this limestone, what happens if he stops or goes on vacation for a week? I am not sure how this would effect things but I am sure that the fluctuations would not be fun, especially for the new players.

If we can answer some of the questions, TM may actually consider some changes. All this fighting and arguing gets us no where and makes us all look bad.
:cool:

tutmoses ii

Postby tutmoses ii » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 pm

The limestone link to monument plots is exactly the problem here.

PvP should be just an option in this game, as valid as non-PvP. I respect the players who want to fight over monuments; I just ask that the PvP lovers respect the pacifists.

There's a catch however with the monument plots. Holding monument plots is not just an option: if you want to be independent of price fluctuations or price manipulation, you'll need your own quarry, or a dependable trade partner; and monuments do influence rank, so if you want a high rank, you're forced to accept the PvP part, a point that PvP players conveniently forget to mention. :rolleyes:

@PantherX: If the limestone trade is in the hands of the PvP lovers with an unlimited number of monument plots, then I don't think you'd have to worry about players producing 30 k limestone per day. You'd have to worry about limestone lords hardly producing any limestone to drive up prices. Players with 4 towns and fully upgraded palaces don't need to produce limestone at all. But they can afford to hold a lot of unproductive monument plots (they only need to pay the upkeep of the soldiers parked there), severely lowering the limestone output. At the moment there are many players who don't understand that fine point, severely overproduce limestone and then sell it at 66 % of its cost price. I admit that such practises make the game too easy, but I don't like the prospect of a limestone cartel or monopoly either.

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:00 pm

"chucklesII" wrote:I didn't include Nubian traders for several reasons.
A new player usually cannot afford their high prices which border on extortion. I would rather upgrade my market before I buy from them. I suspect most newer players would feel the same way. Not everyone here was here at the very beginning when there were no or few players to trade with. Paying twice (sometimes thrice) the going rate is not good business.
"Tinkerbell" wrote:Dishonesty is the reason. You should be ashamed.

It was me who hassled TM first to create Nubian & then also to lower the prices TWICE.

You posted nothing, cuz you like most others love to be able to exploit New Players in the Wilderness via market manipulation. I teach New Players to not buy from the market, but to build boats & TRADE.

I take it that you also love gifting. I'm not surprized. Gifting is another huge exploit & would like to see removed, but that is nearly impossible.

Gifting is a curse on the game & an issue that Jeff Fiske will refuse to touch.

Dishonesty? :)
You know nothing of me or how I play.
I have many boats and had several daily trading partners early in my game.
As noted elsewhere, the trade wall is not the friendiest to the new player. Sometimes it seems that the person in need of 100 of something is left out of the mix while others are trying to impress by moving k's of material. In spite of what you think, not everyone has the luxury of waiting hours for a trade to be accepted. I will no longer wait over three hours for that.

If you have seen me expoiting new or any player on the Nile, please bring your proof, or else keep your unfounded accusations to yourself.
In my past forum experiences, your behaviour would have been dealt with long ago. Contrary to what your inflated sense of worth tells you, this is a game and NOT a religion; there is more than one WAY to play the game - even if it is not yours.

It's not like every bit of advice you have ever given one could take to the bank. Perhaps thats what your problem is?

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:12 pm

"tutmoses ii" wrote:@PantherX: If the limestone trade is in the hands of the PvP lovers with an unlimited number of monument plots, then I don't think you'd have to worry about players producing 30 k limestone per day. You'd have to worry about limestone lords hardly producing any limestone to drive up prices. Players with 4 towns and fully upgraded palaces don't need to produce limestone at all. But they can afford to hold a lot of unproductive monument plots

And what will the problem of these limestone lords be? Their problem will be that they will have a lot of enemies. And what will these enemies do? They will try to take the limestone lord's monuments away.

As you can see, the system regulates itself. It will stay in balance by itself. It doesn't need to be regulated by a cap like it is now!

deano

How

Postby deano » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:09 am

how would people be cheating there is no cheats to the game i have looked and found none

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:39 pm

I think you'll find that Tinkerbell considers many things as cheating if they do not conform to his way of playing the game.

You may get used to it, but probably not. ;)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

There are many ways to cheat in this game, just because you and I are not bright enough to find them does not mean they do not exist. ;)

EndStigator

MY AGENDA??? I thought I said it to begin with!!!

Postby EndStigator » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:40 pm

PLEASE READ THE BEGINNING SUBJECT OF THIS THREAD ALL THOSE WHO DON"T UNDERSTAND.

Who I have been, am, and will be has no significance as far as cheating goes.

I didn't start this thread for the same ones to bring up all their old feuds, but it has turned into that
as it seems to do in any thread that is posted here since 2007 or so, if anyone else would like to check back
that far. I also am very aware of how posting in a forum brings you many enemies even though this is
supposed to be an OPEN forum, meaning you can state your own personal opinion with no thought
of vengenance as long as it is not knocking someone else's method of FAIR or LEGAL playing. This is
one reason Ihave not post ed before now. The same old ones just hop on the bandwagon and make the poster into
an enemy of everyone so they can bring up the same old tired arguments that if they haven't had any
effect since the first posting probably will not have any effect now, either. Looks like they would learn, but
guess they think, 'the squeaky wheel gets the oil'. I, personally, would just as soon take the squeaky
wheel off and get a new one that doesnt' squeak so much. It gets rather irritating after a while. Of course,
if one or two of them are the official spokesman/woman of TM, then that is a different story, or if they have
been voted in as the **official training person of the entire game**, that would be a different story, too.
When someone is accused, then the one doing the accusing needs to have proof or shut the H*** up.

That is why I didn't name names, I can't because I don't have PROOF of who is the support behind all these
low level monument takers. But I can show the pattern and warn the legal, fair players how they are
being taken by the unfair or cheaters, whatever any of you want to call them.

If my first posting concerning the training of pirates in the game (which failed the whole point, too, as the same old
arguments by the same tired players took over as I have already said about this thread, too) can be
posted and some can say that that is the way to go, then I should be able to post MY agenda as training, too.

My agenda was to bring to the attention of the other players on here to see how to maybe see an attack
coming out of nowhere. Sorry if that is beyond some other's understanding.

I didn't start it to have some players singled out, but if what is said is true, the players that posted had a
right to post whatever they wanted to and seem to have valid reasons for doing so. Again, do they have
proof? Probably not, but they have pretty good strong suspicions, it seemed like to me.
At least, their comments went along with this thread which was concerning how some players USE
the game, unfairly, to get what they want.

I also had said I had other names that were awfully suspicious, but I didn't use them because they are
deleted now. Well, the name of one was connected with the name of the one that has been accused,
whether fairly or not.

First, a player called Jackman, again one of the low level brand new playres, who is deleted now, duh?, took one of bevus monuments.
Then bevus took one of Amon Ra II's, then jackman took the other one of Amon Ra's monuments, so jackman had two
monuments and so did bevus again. Then bevus got rid of the one he took of Amon's someway and took
the one back from jackman, so he had his two originals back again. Awfully nice of jackman just to come
here to take bevus and amon's, then disappear after bevus gets the one back again. Looks like the stress of the game just got to him. All that attacking and all, then losing one of the hard fought for monuments.
Now, dig through this posting, you players that like to just tear down others and post all your old arguments again.
I'll patiently wait for the regular slop from the overflowing bucket.
Also, I thank all the commenters on the thread that do have something helpful to offer and the suggestions concerning the problems of the fair minded players. A good DISCUSSION is always welcomed to most people and not the same old DECLARATIONS that everyone should adhere to.

Oh, and I regret that I don't live here like some of you do, so my posts are not as rapid fire as others. I do have another life that I have to live.
Last edited by EndStigator on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:27 pm

"EndStigator" wrote:Oh, and I regret that I don't live here like some of you do, so my posts are not as rapid fire as others. I do have another life that I have to live.

Oh say it ain't so..... ;)

And I do agree that everyone should be taught how to avoid cheaters and scammers. Caveat emptor

I am always on the lookout for cheaters although everyone has their own perception of a cheater. I am happy to say I have not been scammed since 1986. That was in real life and so far I have not been scammed online and I have been "online" since 1984 calling BBS's and 1995 with the internet. I buy from websites monthly but always watch out for link mis-directions.

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 pm

@ EndStigator
Image Image

EndStigator

Another is brought down by an amateur

Postby EndStigator » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:47 pm

Anyone remember #2? Rhialto?? I think he/she was in #4 before the fall!

Pharaoh Rhialto (Rank: 34) (High: 2) (Age: 55 years)
Birthdate: March 8th 2009
Laborers: 5465
Donations to the Gods: 11735
Market Sales: 2608
Market Purchases: 1903
Battles (Offense): 2
Battles (Defense): 5
Soldiers Defeated: 425
Soldiers Captured: 1
Monuments Captured: 2
Blade Golden Blade Armor Skins Linen Flowers
Gems Monkeys Quartz Basalt Statue Hammer Wine
Cities and Monuments
gold Centerplace (42S) (L22) gold Aurum (42S) (L22) leather BreadBarracks (42S) (L22) kohl TradePost (66S) (L21)

gull currently occupies this monument plot! Defeat the defending army to take it from them.

Enemy: Approximately 464 soldiers
(Remember this is AFTER the TWO battles. It showed 502 when I first started examining the scenario. Only 3 at the other monument.)

Villager gull (Rank: 1407) (High: 1407) (Age: 2 years)
Birthdate: November 28th 2009
Laborers: 155
Donations to the Gods: 0
Market Sales: 0
Market Purchases: 4
Battles (Offense): 4
Battles (Defense): 1
Soldiers Defeated: 351
Soldiers Captured: 19
Monuments Captured: 3
Blade Golden Blade Armor Skins Linen Flowers
Gems Monkeys Quartz Basalt Statue Hammer Wine
Cities and Monuments
oil Djedu (161N) (L4) leather Djedu (42S) (L3) Limestone Monument (L4) Limestone Monment (L4)

Both monuments were in the same nome and where did gull build his second city???? Same pattern, just little higher levels.

Need I say anymore?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:28 pm

"EndStigator" wrote:Need I say anymore?

Another non-scarab buying low-level free griefing account. Another stalking account also, just like Mr Ears in Sabah.

The multiple account/team playing is just more obvious in this thread. The player(s) are just more openly mocking the game here cuz he/she/they are going after top 10 rankers.

Mr Ears is not this sloppy. He shows some talent at least. ;)

This is why I asked you your motivations. It appears like you just noticed this & you are only apparently interested in the top 10 rankers, when this has been going on in both servers for ages, definitely not only involving high rankers & you didn't say a thing about it until now. You post like you are an outside observer, but your posts have set off my alarm bells about you. You are involved, probably a "friend" of one of those attacked.

"Tinkerbell" wrote:[Post #17] I'm glad to see some are finally noticing the game problems I have been posting about for months & months.

Anyway, again, Thank You for this thread. :)
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.

chucklesII

Postby chucklesII » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Is it paranoid in here? Or is it just me?

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Paranoid? / quickly looks over shoulder... :D

Nope, not me...
Actually I believe that there is a lot of cheating/pushing going on. Luckily for me I don't care what other people do.

And since I get to make a guess I will guess that less than 1/2 of the active players are actual main accounts and that the other 1/2 are pushing accounts. That's to say nothing of the inactive pushing accounts (inactive and over about level 5) that come active only when needed. Now please do not assume that because I picked 50% that I think everyone is cheating, not at all. I would guess that those that do cheat, have many accounts. I believe that most people are honest depending on the circumstances.

Fortunately I only really care about my own personal goals and do not play against other people so they can push their accounts all they want. :p

I will be going immortal for the 2nd time in Theoris any day now. My personal goal this time around was to finish as the youngest pharaoh. Unfortunately I was gifted/pushed a couple tons of goods that accelerated the opening game so much that I feel I have not earned the glory, even if I do manage to make it. Oh well, that's ok I will try something different next time.

I'm looking for a new challenge for the next round, any ideas?
;)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:19 pm

"PantherX" wrote:I'm looking for a new challenge for the next round, any ideas?

All three of my Theoris II cities are each 24 hours from the others. I am now doing the looong climb to 4th & it will also be 24 hours from every other city in my empire.

It's a HOOT !!!

:D

mobius

Postby mobius » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:12 pm

"PantherX" wrote:Paranoid? / quickly looks over shoulder... :D

I'm looking for a new challenge for the next round, any ideas?
;)

There are several way to do this challenging. Anyone can do
Don't use the trade wall
Don't use the market
Don't make bricks after your first city gets to level 5

The only real challenge is getting to immortal the fastest possible without accepting any type of gift.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:29 pm

"mobius" wrote:There are several way to do this challenging. Anyone can do
Don't use the trade wall
Don't use the market
Don't make bricks after your first city gets to level 5

The only real challenge is getting to immortal the fastest possible without accepting any type of gift.

Now the third one (Don't make bricks) could be a challenge.

Return to “World - Theoris”