Fastest immortality?

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
Cazy

Fastest immortality?

Postby Cazy » Fri May 28, 2010 4:42 pm

Well, not really.

I went immortal today, 53 days after I started my challenge. Had I pushed the button 15 hours earlier, my hall entry would have showed 11 years, not 12 as it shows now.

My rules: no scarab trading, no gifts received whatsoever (not even 26 cedar), no multi accounting (or any cheating of any kind). However, in the first 7 days I did receive some stuff I only paid for later, usually in less than 20 hours, never in more than 36 hours.

One central part of my strategy was raiding. I tried to target rich and lightly defended monuments. Managed to get some good loot from some, less from others. Only lost one battle (when attacking), but that cost me quite a lot of materials and time.

Another thing I miscalculated was how fast I can gather the goods needed for immortality. I already had them more than 10 days before my capital's palace reached level 22. I should have stopped worrying about unemployment sooner and concentrate solely on the palace.

With some more time on my hand during the last days, a more efficient play and maybe some more luck with the monuments, I could have easily done it in 11 game years and maybe even in 10 years.

Of course, with the right raiding, one can reach immortality way faster than 10 game years. Still, 12 years is quite good.

Until recently, I thought it would be the best time to immortality. However, I found someone who managed to do it in 10 game years. I'm not sure in what conditions that was achieved. The immortality hall entry only shows one city and no monuments. It is possible to do it in 10 years, but only with some successful raiding. Also, I believe 3 cities is the optimum setting when trying to go for the fastest immortality.

In my next life, as Cazamun VI, I will try to be the fastest to fully upgrade 4 cities. It will take a lot longer though. :p

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Fri May 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Good job Cazy, Very nice! glad you didn't take my monuments :)

I would bet that the key to the fastest 4CC=22 will be to get that 4th city ASAP!
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri May 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Fast is not better

This is the bogus contest mindset (where they claim they don't cheat lol)

No fun at all

...it is the journey, not the destination, that counts...

"Cazy" wrote:One central part of my strategy was raiding. I tried to target rich and lightly defended monuments. Managed to get some good loot from some, less from others. Only lost one battle (when attacking), but that cost me quite a lot of materials and time.

"JuliaSet" wrote:I got hit by Avaia then Celer a few hours later, when I had retaken the monument plot.

Avaia brought in 350 troops while I was sleeping, got the days production, trashed the long saved for first level monument, trashed my quarries back to level one again.

Then came Celer who arrived with 200 or so units.

What infuriates me is not the attacking but being defeseless. I was abused by my ex and this "rings all of my bells." I would not mind making an army, but feeding it if you are not in the top five, is rather prohibitive. There is NO way I could feed 350 troops and the labor left at the site over night. We feed them day and night. The raiders only feed them for a short time. Why can't we have a cheaper use of bread for monument soldiers and labor? I would not mind the expense of making a stack to sit and guard my site. It would be nice if the defense bonus was higher as well.

The warning email comes a half hour late!!!!!! So complaining about others getting warnings is not an issue. I only found out about an attacker because I was actually IN the game early in the morning before going out to radiation treatment.

Reed we are sitting ducks to be abused. It is NOT fun to struggle to build and then end up with a completely trashed venture, a waste of nearly a week of careful building. We spend time on making our monuments. The losses are incredibly high for those who prefer a less stressful game.

As far as team playing, well, I have made my own team as usual, cause the folks from my site are like me, they are likely to trade with someone new and near. I am not near enough nor are there enough of them... they stayed and died on Sabah, and in Sabah were about 200 nomes from me.

This game is about making new friends. It is what keeps me online, its not a huge deal about the game, but its very special for me to make new pals. We have this "puzzle" together to keep up and maybe find a small way to be more efficient than others. I keep track of my rank cause it indicates that I'm managing to keep up with good players.

Reed, please reduce the damage these raiders do, or give us the tools to be able to defend ourselves. I have been raided several times.. each monument has been raided several times. It takes me a good ten days to recover from the hit since I'm not in the Pharaoh catagory. Serial killers, working in conjunction with each other are not possible to counter, as you have the game set up. The Pharaoh folks are more than likely to have enough production to be able to afford a stiff defense.

All I know is that the raiders are going to have a lot of limestone and are probably selling it in their cities. If they had few buyers, it would not be as productive for them. I choose to buy from those who do not raid.

Twice in one day was more than enough. Are they leapfrogging and helping each other?
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri May 28, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Again, Tink didn't understand a single word of what JuliaSet has to tell... :rolleyes:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri May 28, 2010 6:06 pm

"Mr Ears" wrote:Again, Tink didn't understand a single word of what JuliaSet has to tell... :rolleyes:

JuliaSet was talking about Cazy, you, abana & peepee

LOL !!!

...exposing mindless hypocrisy, fools & liars is my hobby, loving TM games is my job...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri May 28, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tobing

Postby tobing » Fri May 28, 2010 7:00 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:loving TM games is my job...

Which nobody asked you to do, nobody pays you for it, and in the name of love you just kill the community here. Congratulations! Go see a therapist... the sooner, the better.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri May 28, 2010 7:14 pm

"tobing" wrote:Which nobody asked you to do, nobody pays you for it, and in the name of love you just kill the community here. Congratulations! Go see a therapist... the sooner, the better.

tobing, you are a CBC clown, troll & an embarassment to TM

Resign your Luminary status today

tobing

Postby tobing » Fri May 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Insults only fall back upon the insulter.

As I see it, you are seriously mental and really should get some help from a good therapist.

Zeal

On Topic..

Postby Zeal » Fri May 28, 2010 8:29 pm

"Cazy" wrote:In my next life, as Cazamun VI, I will try to be the fastest to fully upgrade 4 cities. It will take a lot longer though. :p

oh, congratulations!
does that include only the palace and resources for all four cities or do you plan on upgrading all the buildings to max?

Cazy

Postby Cazy » Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 pm

"PantherX" wrote:Good job Cazy, Very nice! glad you didn't take my monuments :)

Thanks Panther. :)

About the monuments, I mostly went for the easy and potentially rich targets. Monuments belonging to players that could pay the upkeep for some decent defenses yet they do not. Well, I can't blame them as I tend to do the same. It's much more profitable to lose a monument from time to time than pay a constant upkeep for the soldiers. Of course, it depends on what's inside the monument ;) .

Only once I tried to take a well defended monument (over 200 soldiers) and it's actually the one time I lost. Although I had sent 500 soldiers, until the time they arrived at the battle scene Tyberis (the defender) gathered way more soldiers at his Sphinx and my guys got slaughtered. He deserved to hold his monument.

"PantherX" wrote:I would bet that the key to the fastest 4CC=22 will be to get that 4th city ASAP!

I agree. The 4th city is the bottleneck. However, I will get back to my usual play style for this one. Efficient but much less aggressive. I'll see how it turns out.

Cazy

Postby Cazy » Fri May 28, 2010 8:40 pm

"Zeal" wrote:oh, congratulations!
does that include only the palace and resources for all four cities or do you plan on upgrading all the buildings to max?

Thank you Zeal.

All buildings to L22, of course. I played the game 5 times already but never got that far. I find the game much less interesting after all my warehouses get flooded and all I have left to do is move stuff around, so I usually go immortal when I'm about 30. But not this time. This time I'll stay as long as it takes.

Cazy

Postby Cazy » Fri May 28, 2010 8:44 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:No fun at all[/i][/size]

If it wouldn't have been fun, I wouldn't have done it.

Yes, it was extremely fun. For me of course. I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Fri May 28, 2010 8:49 pm

yes that's my problem as well, I've always wanted to max out one of my cities but I get too bored. I have all the resources I could ever need stored up so all I am really doing is checking in every 20 hours to click some buttons and check my messages.

this game gets too slow and unexciting as you grow larger :/
I have never immortalized btw, I just delete my account and quit for several months...

Edit: Because some near invalid seems to think it matters: I have been in the top ten twice and could have had a high level pyramid even if I fell out of grace (dropped to the top 100) I have never seen the value in immortalizing in NO, what do I really get out of it?
Immortalizing in NO gives you such illustrious rewards as

1. You can never play the game with your name again! sounds great unless you would like to play again with that name.. I kinda like the names I choose

2. you get a pyramid which is scaled to your rank! YAY ! but if anybody immortalizes in the same "rank group" as you in your nome it will magically disappear in the desert! to make it worse if somebody immortalizes just after you then your pyramid may never show up at all! great prize! and finally, unless you play again, you never even see it! D:

3. Your name goes into some hall of fame! yay for labeling people and grading their worth as players for everybody to see! and what if you don't want to be graded and ranked and just play for FUN, that is the point of the game BTW?...

Immortalizing takes a lot of time and many resources, personally I see no value in it. When I start to tire of the game I always just delete the account and give it a few months rest, then I return and play with one of my OLD names which I like. The first few days are the best part of the game IMO! there is so much to do to make your city ready to trade with others and explore the Nile. when you are old you check in once every 15 hours for a few minutes and complete trades/ send scrolls, then you log out and get back to whatever it is you do.

I don't """cheat"" and exploit the warehouses or any other known bug, I don't accept gifts, and I don't give gifts. Since I do not """cheat""" my motivations for playing and my style of play is JUST as valid as any other!
Last edited by Zeal on Sun May 30, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Muad'Dib

Postby Muad'Dib » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:50 am

"Cazy" wrote:If it wouldn't have been fun, I wouldn't have done it.

Yes, it was extremely fun. For me of course. I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

Congratz Caz! Maybe in 2021 we'll compete again in Nile Online 2.0!! :rolleyes:

Cazy

Postby Cazy » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:53 pm

Thanks Paul. ;)

I miss your competition. Maybe you'll get back sooner than 2021... :(

Return to “World - Theoris”