beta players

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
cowboy74656

beta players

Postby cowboy74656 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:31 am

hey is there anyone that plays that was around when sabah was still taking on beta members? ... i just created a new account ... and curious if any of the old gang is still here ... if anyone remembers the name hu ... say hi

thechris

Postby thechris » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:33 pm

i remember when there was no scarabs :)
then i didn't realize you need them so i spent them all on monkeys and other junk, then realized you need them to upgrade. good thing there was a thread to get your scarabs reset. i think that was when people were put to 400 in each direction. then a massive amount of people quit. and it was all down hill since then.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:44 am

I was here for both Alpha & Beta, but I don't play on sabah anymore.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 am

Beta? LOL Sabah is still called the Beta Server.

Many of us are still around since the olden daze.

:D

setokaiba

Postby setokaiba » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:59 am

^_^ To be honest I don't really understand the whole beta story and have no idea what it means, but I've been around since it started, Granted I didn't play for long while, but my friend played a bit for me. I don't really have unlimited internet access so sometimes these onlines games are hard to keep up with. ^_^

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 pm

Beta is a test phase for the program before it is released to the public. In most cases (with any program you have) the software is tested before being released to the public with certain test phases. Nile Online was Alpha and Beta tested and Sabah was the beta test server. TM kept it as an active server because there were a lot of people playing when the testing was completed. Theoris was the first and only public game server however Sabah could probably now be considered a non test server.

Fashah

Postby Fashah » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Yeah I had all my city's to 22 before scarabs. :)

Quernia

Postby Quernia » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:30 am

"tomnobles" wrote:TM kept it as an active server because there were a lot of people playing when the testing was completed. Theoris was the first and only public game server however Sabah could probably now be considered a non test server.

When Reed announced Theoris was opening, and the game was coming out of Beta, he stated that development was still continuing. He said changes would be deployed to Sabah first, tweaked, and when everything appeared stable and balanced, deployed to Theoris (and presumably any other non-beta servers that opened).

Return to “World - Theoris”