Theoris down?

All discussion regarding the world of Theoris
PantherX

Theoris down?

Postby PantherX » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:37 pm

I can't seem to be able to log on to Theoris..

Anyone else having this problem?

:cool:

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:02 pm

I haven't been able to log on since yesterday. I've been offline for a week so I HOPE I haven't been deleted! :eek:
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

Keith

Postby Keith » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:50 pm

I've been on several different times today with no problem. I just tried again and got right in.

Try purging your browser cache.

Restarting the computer might help too.

I've had problems like this and sometimes restarting the router by powering down for 30 seconds and restarting can help clear things up.

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:02 pm

Nope, still getting LOGIN FAILED.

In fact, I got the same message yesterday trying to log in via my smartphone, so it's not the browser or router. Guess it's an untimely deletion? :(
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

Keith

Postby Keith » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:07 am

That could be. Has your account been inactive for any amount of time?

Jeff was around this past weekend doing work on moving the game to a new server and inactive accounts at the limit may have been removed at that time.

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:55 am

It was about 8 days since I logged in, because my internet was down (switching providers). :(
- Lysander

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 am

if you let us know your Theoris player name we can check if you still exist

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:19 pm

LordSekhemkhet is my player name. Four cities.
- Lysander

Sierra

Postby Sierra » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:01 pm

tried adding you as an ally in Theoris with your name (as above). Game tells me "Requested player not found. Please check the spelling and try again." Also tried with a space between 'Lord' and 'Sekhemkhet'. Same result. Sorry that I couldn't be of positive assistance.

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm

No problem, thanks for trying! :)
- Lysander

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:07 am

guess my account is gone, Jeff gave it the Ax, but it's ok I was pretty much done playing and have had a blast these last couple years.

5 times through the game was enough I have 3 tombs on 39n and another a few nomes north from there.

Panahasi
aka
PantherX

Have fun all!
Last edited by PantherX on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:07 pm

The sweep of inactive accounts is supposed to occur automatically. I think that may have been broken before this past weekend. I'm just guessing that Jeff somehow fixed the problem while moving the game over to the new server.

When my internet access was down for 5 days recently my account didn't get deleted luckily. I probably wouldn't be as lucky this time around.

Oh well, you get the "thrill" of starting all over fresh from scratch. At least it won't be boring. ;)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:45 am

Yeppers, not sure if or when I will start again. I am about due for another round with CoTN so you never know ;)

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:07 am

"PantherX" wrote:Yeppers, not sure if or when I will start again. I am about due for another round with CoTN so you never know ;)

Likewise! The crazy thing is, I've played CotN ever since it came out and I have NEVER completed a Great Pyramid. LOL!

However I'm like... 20 blocks of limestone away from it in Men-nefer right now, so we'll see ;)
- Lysander

jensoko

Postby jensoko » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:17 am

Looks like mine is gone, too. Dangit, I was close to immortality and even had a pyramid. Started a new place, I guess. ::headdesk::

Keith

Postby Keith » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:54 am

I haven't been on since late this afternoon, and it's nearly 11pm my time now, the game seems to be running okay at this point. It is possible that Jeff may have been doing more work on the server it was moved to. He seems to do this sort of thing on the weekends.

Return to “World - Theoris”