Moving goods around

Discuss anticipated or desired features here
Czech Centurian

Moving goods around

Postby Czech Centurian » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:36 am

Questions have been asked about walkers.

But one of the key elements in previous city builders from you guys was moving goods around the city, the whole supply chain and making it as efficient as possible. I hope this is included in MM. That is one of the areas in the game that adds a real challenge.

I don't like the way it's done in Grand ages: Rome for example. Flow resources I think it's called. All resources available everywhere. In my opinion it sucks.

Also the effect of rats on stored grain would be interesting somehow. Keep the rat population under control or they ruin your stores.

Also fresh fruit shouldn't be able to last forever in a warehouse. Not sure people people were preserving fruits by that time already.

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:54 am

I'm not sure if I agree with your last statement. I'm worried that this challenge becomes a micro-management nightmare instead of fun. Pests on the other hand would be interesting.

I'd like to repeat some comments I've made in other threads. I do like how Anno 1404 handled logistics, although Medieval Mayor won't include islands as such, it would be interesting to make a well planned road network important. In addition I would like to see roads be realistic in such a way that narrow roads do not allow two carts to pass each other (for example), leading, again, to making a well planned road network important. Alleys might even not allow carts at all and perhaps market stalls on roads could lead to blocking roads, etcetera.

Amrine

Postby Amrine » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:42 pm

"EmperorJay" wrote:I'm not sure if I agree with your last statement. I'm worried that this challenge becomes a micro-management nightmare instead of fun.

I quite agree, and I think a larger audience would also agree that micro management would not be fun

Czech Centurian

Postby Czech Centurian » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Nooo, I wasn't thinking micro management.

arcan

Postby arcan » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:20 pm

i like to be able to micromanage if I want to, but don't wwant to have to spend all my time on it. I prefer complexity to micromanagement (lots of different goods, producers and so on)

Amrine

Postby Amrine » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 am

I bet you weren't Czech! (hope I spelled that correctly). I only wanted to point out my preference. Most of the ideas and suggestions being exchanged are fun and interesting. ;)

Return to “Gameplay Suggestions”