More decorations, please.

Discuss anticipated or desired features here
aeval99

More decorations, please.

Postby aeval99 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 pm

I know the game isn't even made yet, but there aren't enough decorations. I know this because there are never enough decorations. Ever. In any CB game.

Please TM, when you get close to a beta take a look at the number of decorations you have in the game...and triple it. I love to decorate my cities. It doesn't have to be fancy parks (which wouldn't really fit in with the theme), but a variety of bushes, rocks, flowers and trees (especially coloured ones) and maybe a pond or two would be nice. I also love the type of tree or bush that changes size randomly when you place multiples.

Pretty please! It would make me so happy. Image

Amrine

Postby Amrine » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:10 am

I agree, and make them so they look pretty even for people who are pretty-challenged like me :)

Well, ok, that may be going too far, but I like to put in trees and things also, so I can pretend it looks nice. heh

kach

Postby kach » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:33 pm

Yes, I definitely agree with this!

And can we have gargoyles too please?
Last edited by kach on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:45 pm

I think this request ties in with the thread encourage inovation. Players want visual diversity. The ability to make the city look differant from the last if thats accomplished with decoration or being able to deviate from a the most efficiant housing block without a penalty in efficiency /stability.

there have been suggestions for allowing mods of the buildings. paths, random buildings, and now a huge decoration palate. All this leads to a visually diverse city. I likey :)

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:56 pm

It would be great if they make decoration models colourable. Like a bush where you can choose the colour of the flowers and/or leaves, or a well where you can change the colour of the stone, or a pavement where you can choose two or three different colours for the tiles and so on. Build one model, have hundreds of different decorations available! :) You could even choose the paint for houses or the shade of stone and wood used...

Hayley303

Postby Hayley303 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:00 am

"aeval99" wrote:I know the game isn't even made yet, but there aren't enough decorations. I know this because there are never enough decorations. Ever. In any CB game.

Please TM, when you get close to a beta take a look at the number of decorations you have in the game...and triple it. I love to decorate my cities. It doesn't have to be fancy parks (which wouldn't really fit in with the theme), but a variety of bushes, rocks, flowers and trees (especially coloured ones) and maybe a pond or two would be nice. I also love the type of tree or bush that changes size randomly when you place multiples.

\

I agree with this point, thank you.

MegaNooby

Postby MegaNooby » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 pm

It would be best if we could be able to customize the mountains and or even make a mountain during actual game play and not just in the map editor thing like for Zeus and Caesar 3.

Raising terrain and stuff.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:36 pm

I always enjoyed the way that The Sims let you build and decorate. Plenty of options and everything paint-able in both detailed and bulk modes.

I have always hoped someone would make a good mod tool to customized specific buildings. Not everyone wants to fuss with total customization but it sure adds a lot of play-ability.

:cool:
:cool:

PatrickHarlow

Postby PatrickHarlow » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:19 pm

"aeval99" wrote:I know the game isn't even made yet, but there aren't enough decorations. I know this because there are never enough decorations. Ever. In any CB game.

I'm voting AGAINST this. Medieval cities were packed places full of buildings and people, not pastoral fantasies of flowers and ponds. If one took a time machine back to London circa 1066, one would NOT find "ponds and flowers" but filth and mud, animal parts, human excrement flowing down the streets. . This is just fact

PhilL

Postby PhilL » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:59 am

"PatrickHarlow" wrote:I'm voting AGAINST this. Medieval cities were packed places full of buildings and people, not pastoral fantasies of flowers and ponds. If one took a time machine back to London circa 1066, one would NOT find "ponds and flowers" but filth and mud, animal parts, human excrement flowing down the streets. . This is just fact

This would make for a very nasty game. I perfer a little creative licence here :) Just saying

Amrine

Postby Amrine » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:33 am

uhmm Yea, I don't see anyone asking TM to "Pretty please, make me sewage and rats for my city so it will be realistic!"

Yes, Medieval cities were nasty, I am sure with pigs and rats and goats and chickens all running around and people pouring their nightjars out their windows....

Return to “Gameplay Suggestions”