Resource Management

Discuss anticipated or desired features here
zabalon

Resource Management

Postby zabalon » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am

This is not a new idea, i just want to say that i hope you make sure that you keep control of resources detailed and highly controllable.

I was playing CotN the other day, i do respect it being a different and innovative system. but some things in that game do not bring it to par with other city builders.
one of the main things was how you manage resources. I thoroughly enjoy the warehouse management like in the others. you get raw materials to factories then from factories to warehouse then to either trade or distribution. I think this is a solid system.
Also you have controls like how much you import/export, stuff like that.

I do hope you make sure that resources are varied interesting and controllable.

On an unrelated note I always loved sending armies off to conquer cities that then have to send tributes and stuff. that was always awesome!

MrBernie

Postby MrBernie » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:22 am

Coming from playing both a few Pharao scenarios and a CotN scenario just today, I hope that there's some sort of middle ground.

Certainly, being able to direct the flow of ressources in the older CB games via warehouses is very, very handy... but on the other hand, while certainly unrealistic, the infinite storage space in CotN is a very welcome feature to me.
In Pharaoh or Zeus, having to build almost a dozen warehouses just to store enough sandstone/marble to even start constructing certain monuments could be painful, and led to vast expanses of warehouses which frankly aren't that nice to look at, not to mention that keeping manageable and sustainable stocks also requires setting up a lot of warehouses/granaries in a block.

So while I'd welcome the return of warehouses, I'd at least hope that the storage limits would be better than 32 units of X.

MegaNooby

Postby MegaNooby » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 am

I hope one can just store 100 thousand ton so that maybe we only need to make one or two.

Playing zeus and caesar 3, I keep having to make more storage and it just keep taking up space that I could build something rather prettier out of it.

mad_genius

Postby mad_genius » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 am

"MrBernie" wrote:In Pharaoh or Zeus, having to build almost a dozen warehouses just to store enough sandstone/marble to even start constructing certain monuments could be painful, and led to vast expanses of warehouses which frankly aren't that nice to look at, not to mention that keeping manageable and sustainable stocks also requires setting up a lot of warehouses/granaries in a block.

So while I'd welcome the return of warehouses, I'd at least hope that the storage limits would be better than 32 units of X.

Perhaps some sort of "upgradable warehouses" that increase capacity with each upgrade.

That way you could upgrade certain warehouses as you see fit.
Obviously, each upgrade would cost money and building materials (wood, stone, etc.).

velociraptor2000

Postby velociraptor2000 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:31 pm

I hope to see old C3-P-Z-E warehouse system because was the best even if the capacity were pretty limited (this can be expanded/upgraded). Graphically it looks amazing too showcasing what's inside at that pretty unrealistic ratio. It just looks better that way than some too realistic and too thiny items you may not even see.

Return to “Gameplay Suggestions”