Variation in building styles?

Discuss anticipated or desired features here
llehsadam

Variation in building styles?

Postby llehsadam » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:47 am

Will there be variation in building styles to choose from (e.g. German, English, Polish, Italian) or will the game focus on one style. I know Pharaoh, Emperor, Zeus, and Caesar were all about one culture, so one set of buildings was okay, but I feel like Medieval Europe could potentially have some differing building styles. However since the player is only a mayor of a town somewhere in Germany, it doesn't have to be such a varied set.

What I mean is, it doesn't have to be an all out different tile set. What about a bit of variability introduced into the game depending on who built a structure in the city? For example with housing, when immigrants move in, the housing style could be reflected by their background. This could easily be generated by where on the map the city is and what are the closest neighbors. A city near Italy might get more Italian immigrants than a city near England.

I think this would add a layer of variation and an easy way to justify variation in the housing areas. In the earlier city builders, it irked me that all of the migrants had the same house. The differences do not have to be big, and the style doesn't have to change if migrants change. The first migrant family would decide on the building style of the house. :)

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:49 am

I hope they'd consider this suggestion! At the same time I appreciate their limited resources.

I think Caesar III's subtle differences between desert and other climates are something along the lines of your suggestion. Perhaps more southerns settings could have a bit brighter and 'brickier' structure whereas more northern could be somewhat darker and 'woodier'.

Return to “Gameplay Suggestions”