Sabah Trade Wall Help

All discussion regarding the world of Sabah
PeHaSys

Postby PeHaSys » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:39 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:What rules have I made?

You don't want people to chat on trade wall. What you did was not talking about trades.

Maybe you didn't "make" the rule(s), but you are asking people for that and making them uncomfortable.

Just so you know... if some people are ignoring you on the Trade Wall (and that's what I intend to do from now) it's because, I think, you don't play well with others... unless you are playing "dictator" role. Yes, then you could play again.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:57 pm

"PeHaSys" wrote:You don't want people to chat on trade wall.

Bzzzzzzzz

Thankx fer playing.

...binary "thinkers' suck...

What you did was not talking about trades.

Wow, you come up with that on your own? W/o help?

...I answered a gameplay question...

Did I say what I had for lunch, whether or not it was my birthday, or what I was gonna do tonight & tomorrow like the chatter Joyee always does?

...did Joyee post why she has this ax to grind? Will she admit it now?...probably not...dishonest people never do...

Maybe you didn't "make" the rule(s), but you are asking people for that and making them uncomfortable.

I made a beg thread & a bunch of posters agreed with me. The post was asking for a reduction of the non-game related chatter & consideration of others who want to trade. Not an end to chatting. THAT, my pitiful friend what all you binary clowns can only handle ~ yes/no when life is a spectrum. There comes a point when the chatting is too much.

Just so you know... if some people are ignoring you on the Trade Wall

They are? Dat's funny. I have no problem making trades on the Walls.

...hint... you cannot boycott anyone in this game...

(and that's what I intend to do from now) it's because, I think, you don't play well with others... unless you are playing "dictator" role. Yes, then you could play again.

Do you realize how petty & pitiful you sound?

...probably not...

You are an excellent example of what is wrong with the General Wall gang. You clowns "think" you are many, but you are not. This is why the Sabah General Wall died. Few of you, many of us. So, you all went to the Trade Wall to cause trouble, just like you are doing now on the forum.

and I knew I was chatting & it is not a real good thing to do in large quantities ~ especially all the time.

One of the characteristic thngs that the chatters do is also the wasting of bandwith

by

posting

a little on

each line

and taking up five

lines

in a

row
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Joyee

I am a dishonest person?

Postby Joyee » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:32 pm

I don't think so. Everyone that I speak to on a regular basis knows exactly why I don't like you. I don't even know why I bother. You only continue to do what I expect you to do. Which is turn everything that gets said that you don't like around. I have read many many post in which you do the exact same thing.

And no you chatted about the game however it was still chat. Not trading. Although I seemed to recall you saying in trade a day or two ago the baby found the coffee cup and sucker punched me which you said because you were late sending your part of the trade. Still who cares if the baby sucker punched you. I don't and I am sure others don't.

Your 1 man band has basically ruined all aspects of this game for me. But you know what I won't quit because of you. Then you just win. And well you won't be winning this time.

And now for the reason I don't like Tinkerbell. In Theoris when I first started I couldn't get a lot of trades, I started over there a few weeks after the server started. Anyway I traded with Tinkerbell put them on my allies list. My city redlined (orange) in gold. So I randomly picked someone from my ally list to send some gold to thinking I was being nice. And yes you guessed it I just had to pick Tinkerbell. So I get this insane scroll about how I am invading his private game space (I had never read the forums) and how I was cheating. So I scrolled him back told him I would delete my account so that he would not receive the gold in which he came back with if that is the way you are going to play you should delete your account yadda yadda.

So there! How am I dishonest? Please tell me! And I really had no axe to grind. I even traded with you after the fact. But you posted this thread after there was chatting on the trade wall that I was involved in. Yes I admit I chat on trade (dishonest much) ! So I felt like the post was directed at me even though you didn't call me out. Sabah is not Theoris. I have been on the trade wall and 6 or 7 hours later come back and the same stuff is there. The chatter doesn't always happen. Anyway I am done with you and this post. You have wasted far to much of my time already and well frankly your not worth the air you breath much less my time.

Joyee!

DustysMomma

Postby DustysMomma » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:24 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Yay double standards! :D

I heard that if people stop laughing or maybe was it clapping then Tinker Bell disappears. :eek: /me wonders about the forumer... :confused:

You know, my ex-husband had double standards like this too.....and I already told you guys what happened to him. What goes around comes around........

BTW....great catch Joyee!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:25 pm

"Joyee" wrote:And now for the reason I don't like Tinkerbell. In Theoris when I first started I couldn't get a lot of trades, I started over there a few weeks after the server started.

So far so good, pretty much. While trading on the Sabah II Wall, you posted that you had gold in Theoris & couldn't find any trades. I said that my Capital was emeralds & I was always looking for more gold traders. I gave you my moniker & told you to scroll me there to help you with your jewelry trades. We made like two trades, then you gifted me a ton of gold w/o warning cuz you said you didn't know what to do with it. You said you had accumulated something like 20K gold. Serious players do not do this. Part-time non-serious players do this.

Anyway I traded with Tinkerbell put them on my allies list. My city redlined (orange) in gold. So I randomly picked someone from my ally list to send some gold to thinking I was being nice. And yes you guessed it I just had to pick Tinkerbell.

Nice spin, but I doubt it that that happened as you said. Apparently, I was not trading you enough emeralds & you wanted to speed up the process. You see, Joyee, you are not a serious player, but rather a chatter. Amun Nefer is the very same way, for example.

Redlining is a symptom that you are not a serious player. The solution to redlining is to take labor off gold & do something else with your labor, not to start gifting it away so you can redline again.

So I get this insane scroll about how I am invading his private game space (I had never read the forums) and how I was cheating.

"insane" lol

You did invade my private space w/o permission.

So I scrolled him back told him I would delete my account so that he would not receive the gold in which he came back with if that is the way you are going to play you should delete your account yadda yadda.

Bzzzzzzzzz. I scrolled you back "What?" Why are you deleting? You would just have to wait for me to make enough emeralds or for me to have enough boats to return your gold. This resulted a another scroll from you & with that one, I did indeed say that if you were not a serious player, then deletion was probably the best option for you. Not to eliminate your gold boats, but to do something else besides two part-time worlds. Then I said "Good Luck in Sabah!"

EDIT: Since we all now know that at the very bottom of Joyee's "vengence" now is gifting, let's continue on that theme.

My hypothesis is that we have a small group of "players" who would rather chat "waste time" then actually play the game. I believe scarabs are at the bottom of this also. They got to the top of the ranks in Theoris w/o scarabs & this is why there is not that much of a problem in Theoris (yet).

They either do not want to go Immortal, or are unable to for whatever reason. They just hang on. These players are General Wall chatters & believe this is the "heart of the game" (Amun Nefer again). They start to build up tons of the wrong stuff & enter into God Mode ~ gifting. They can sit on the walls & give stuff away. I almost got to this point myself in Sabah I (while waiting for the elusive quests), but soon realized that it was time to go. I went Immortal in Sabah.

They don't care about other players & damn you if you refuse their gifts. Gifting makes them feel good. I can understand this kinda...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:01 pm

This is what's known as a double standard. :) (although it can also refer to basing monetary value off of silver and gold.)

"Tinkerbell" wrote:The Trade Wall is for trading, not chatting.

I'll let some more interested people dig up your rules. :)

Ah Tink, this forum just wouldn't be as entertaining without you. :D

Edit: oh there's been another page added since I left.

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm

In my early days in Sabah I happened to send Tinkerbell some cedar. I don't really recall why, maybe it was by mistake, maybe I just filled a shipment, maybe I though he (or she, I wasn't aware of Mark's true identity, but he was of mine) wanted it to build a few ships. Anyhow, he didn't appreciate the small donation. I suggested he would use it to build a treehouse for the kids, but I doubt he recognised that as an attempt at humour, and I got a long lecture about "the little people".

He may have returned the wood, I don't really check those kind of things, most people do as they promise, and if they don't they are almost always simply mistaken. Most people have their peculiarities, and like with most computer games, it would help if they came with a manual. I expect Mark's manual would have "handle with care" written in large capitals on the cover. I'm curious how mine would be like, maybe I should ask my wife, or then again, maybe not ;) .

I simply removed Tinkerbell from my ally list, but kept trading with him occasionally. I also simply put him on my ignore list in the forum. I can sincerely recommend that. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

I love it when they make up stories

"joshofet" wrote:8 I also simply put him on my ignore list in the forum. I can sincerely recommend that. :)

Then wave the white flag of surrender. Even better when they brag about it.

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:47 pm

I'd trust Joost on that one, he's not usually one to tell lies. :)

I can't put Tink on Ignore, then I wouldn't get my daily dose of lulz. :( They make me feel like an M1 Abrams being shot at with a derringer. :D

Jeff Fiske

Social game

Postby Jeff Fiske » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:47 pm

Interesting how rules have evolved.

Clearly Nile Online is a social game and to a certain extent you police each other. Like what a 'fair trade is', or what is right or wrong.

But some things become unwritten rules, like attacking people should not be done without warning...etc..

Clearly there is a General Wall and a Trade Wall.

Seems to me that people who enjoy chatting would go to the General Wall. But I understand there might be more activity on the Trade wall, so you might be driven to the Trade wall.

So....looks like the community is trying what to decide in this case- what is the protocol? Well, not to treat eachother like kids on a school ground would be a good start, but that goes away as soon as you have a Social Game. Besides, some people like taking someones hat and tossing it around playing keep away as long as they can find someone they can take the hat from.

If the most beloved character made the suggestion that Tink made, might it have been better received? Seems like a reasonable suggestion to me.

From my perspective, we want you to chat- preferably on the General wall first.

But this is your game, and you should all play it and police it the way you see fit. Just try not to be so full of anger and just cause because other people are going to see it another way.

It is a game.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:51 pm

Apologies Jeff. :(

Question though, what is the purpose of the General Wall exactly? Just game chat or is it anything?

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:53 pm

See, that's the good thing on having these Mark V idiots like Tink and ATP on the ignore list, you don't have to read all the rubbish and nonsense they produce, and there is always some friendly masochist like AN to do the honours. :rolleyes:

And yes, I agree, please no excessive chatting on the trade wall. Do we need a poll on the meaning of "excessive"?

This is what the game says about the general wall:
For general discussion, questions, game help, etc. Check out the forums for more in-depth help/discussion.
Last edited by joshofet on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:01 pm

Doesn't phase me much getting insulted on the net, just absorbing what would hurt certain other peoples' feelings. :)

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary wrote:Main Entry:ex·ces·sive
Pronunciation:\ik-ˈse-siv\
Function:adjective
Date:14th century
: exceeding what is usual, proper, necessary, or normal
— ex·ces·sive·ly adverb
— ex·ces·sive·ness noun
synonyms excessive, immoderate, inordinate, extravagant, exorbitant, extreme mean going beyond a normal limit. excessive implies an amount or degree too great to be reasonable or acceptable <excessive punishment>. immoderate implies lack of desirable or necessary restraint <immoderate spending>. inordinate implies an exceeding of the limits dictated by reason or good judgment <inordinate pride>. extravagant implies an indifference to restraints imposed by truth, prudence, or good taste <extravagant claims for the product>. exorbitant implies a departure from accepted standards regarding amount or degree <exorbitant prices>. extreme may imply an approach to the farthest limit possible or conceivable but commonly means only to a notably high degree <extreme shyness>.

'Ere we go. :)

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:31 pm

Thank you Mr. Fiske, you are one of the reasons I love TM.
:cool:

Jeff Fiske

Postby Jeff Fiske » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:08 am

"Amun Nefer" wrote:Apologies Jeff. :(

Question though, what is the purpose of the General Wall exactly? Just game chat or is it anything?

Not sure why you are apologizing (sp?). I try and keep my observations general and not directed at any one individual.

Well, I imagine it could even be different on each server, but I would not bat an eyelash at someone discussing the passing of MJ, or something equally pointless.

But I go back to something I said earlier, but I did not say it this literally. We make these games in no small part, for you guys to play with as you want to. You (everyone) should be policing them, and what evolves should be better than anything that we envision as the 'proper way' to use them.

Of course, insulting, badgering, harassing, or abusing these tools is what we have our rules for and occationally we are needed to mediate.

The rest is up to you. I would probably prefer that the General forum stay on topic re-nile online, but if nobody is talking about Nile online, then talking about Ikarium, Micheal Jackson, Hinterland or Xbox is fine by me.

If it is not fine by you, then posting here, or even in the chat forum, and complaining about it is a good way to resolve it or open it up for discussion.

Remember that being polite is going to get more people to agree with your cause then insulting them, or acting like because you have been playing the game longer than them (or any of our games), everyone should agree with you- is a good way to make everyone dis-agree with you.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:30 am

Meh, previous angry engagements with Mr. Duffy I guess, I apologised to Reed but not to you. :) (Also for being slightly more awesome than you. :p ) That is proper spelling but in Commonwealth forms of English it is usually with an s.

I think most people were just cracking jokes about him, lol, if you think that's pointless you should see some of our other discussions. :D

Ah, see other people say that but no one listens, maybe coming from you they listen now. :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Nice diplomatic series of posts, Jeff. Something for everyone & we can read into your posts whatever we want to.

I have a bit of trouble with your use of the word "police", cuz that creates the impression that the game needs police & everyone & their muther then appoints themselves the Game Cop, & the supposid evil-doers ~ the criminals.

Also, the community is not the forum. The community doesn't even post on the forums & thus, what the "apparent" "majority" of forum posts indicate is an abberation of reality.

The game has a community, the General & Trade Walls have a community, and the forum has a community.

Thank you for your thoughts.

abana

Postby abana » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:28 pm

I think, Tinkerbelle, that you need to learn that "The police are good guys", like mothers have to teach their children.

I think that he means that we need to monitor/deal with the offenders ourselves instead of TM doing it.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 pm

"abana" wrote:I think, Tinkerbelle, that you need to learn that "The police are good guys", like mothers have to teach their children.

<sigh>

and this after Jeff posted...

"Jeff Fiske" wrote:So....looks like the community is trying what to decide in this case- what is the protocol? Well, not to treat each other like kids on a school ground would be a good start, but that goes away as soon as you have a Social Game. Besides, some people like taking someones hat and tossing it around playing keep away as long as they can find someone they can take the hat from.

I realize that your favorite insult & that of others is to call people children.

Perhaps this will help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KjpyHX7X-o

joshofet

Postby joshofet » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:20 pm

I don't think Jeff is promoting vigilantes, Abana, I do think he says it is everybody's, or indeed our collective responsibilty, and that if Mark hadn't played the fool so often, people would listen when he says something sensible.

Maybe in your part of the world the police are the good guys, but it ain't necessarily so, and especifically self appointed policemen have a habit of being on the wrong side of right.

Return to “World - Sabah”