Yes
23%
No
68%
No Opinion
4%

Total votes: 47

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Time to reset Sabah?

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 pm

It seems like Sabah has become pretty stagnant nowadays... very dead General Wall, only a few people on the Trade Wall, a dying community and very little overall interest or growth.

Now we all remember how exciting it was when Theoris was open, a new virgin world where everyone started about the same time, there was great anticipation, excitement and fun. Theo is approaching the time when it will be like Sabah, but the fact still remains, when it was new it was great. The thing about NO is that as the world grows older it grows emptier and more dull.

So, I propose that TM do a full reset of Sabah and make the game enjoyable for all once more.

What do you guys all think?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:05 pm

No

Definitely no. Sabah is fine, I am absolutely loving it. As a matter of fact, with Sabah having few players, the challenge is greater than with more players (although I would like more players to rejoin or join us for the first time!).

My Sabah II account requires a different strategy, cuz it is a mature world with a lot of late gamers, & I am adjusting as I always do. The adjusting is what rocks!

...it is not the conquest, it is the journey...or the chase...<g>...

Besides, we have a lot of players there who are finally at the late game with 4 cities & trying for high rank & Quad P22s. You want to rob them of all their hard work with a reset? Not only no, but HELL NO!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Son of Moose

Postby Son of Moose » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi Amun:

Personally (for what it is worth) I think that this is an extremely bad idea based upon a false hypothesis.

There are many people (including several friends of mine) who have played NO and "gone Immortal" without bothering to return back to the game. They felt (for better or for worse) that their NO experience was complete and that there was no reason for them to return to essentially repeat the same (circa) 4 month gameplay experience.

I am fairly sure that there are many longstanding players who have played Sabah for the past 6+ months who would also not necessarily bother returning to play essentially the same game for another 6 months of their life. By resetting Sabah, TM would risk losing several of their most loyal players ....

You might well find very few returnees and an even emptier world with far less player interactivity ....

thegrad

I can't believe!!!

Postby thegrad » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:25 pm

Amun;

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't believe you would ask for a reset of Sabah. I went immortal and returned. When I go immortal again I will return for the third time around. I am also playing in Theoris and when I go immortal there, I will also return.
With each game I have had to change my strategy, which I find makes it a new game each time..

Amun Nefer
Location: New York, New York! If I can make it here--I'll make it-Anywhere! It's up to you New York, New York!

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm just wondering what might be the best strategy for TM overall, (They need to make money after all) I mean there's only 1780 players right now. I doubt TM could open a new server so I'm wondering whether they could reset the world bring in players who say alright, new game, cool. I know that there would be a sacrifice of people's hard work and all, including mine and a million other bad things, but still, it might not be bad to start over in some new world. This is just my opinion. Any aye-sayers?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:06 pm

You don't work hard, Amun Nefer. You have never gone Immortality. This is all a joke to you, as the forum clown.

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:12 pm

@ Tinkerbell: No, you're not enjoying being a zombie in your s2. that's noncredible.

@ Amun N.: There are other more plausible ways to make especially late gameplay more challenging and exciting. They have been discussed over and over.

And finally: I think that Tinkerbell suspects you wanting to create a chit chat world by restarting a server, knowing all the old mates will join at about the same time and as they've been through everything already that the game has to offer, they would rather chat than play. Which would be totally according to your intentions, as the no.1 chat gamer of the entire community. (Although Tink as a matter of fact is a big chit chatter himself, no idea why he doesn't want to confess that)

P.S.: Tink, check your market rates in Theoris. Some are just disproportionately high... you don't wanna rip off other players, do you

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:19 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:Tink, check your market rates in Theoris. Some are just disproportionately high... you don't wanna rip off other players, do you

What's high about them?

Luxmats 5
baskets/pottery 5
bricks 4
cosmetics, perfume & jewels 10
sculpture & sandals 11

Same as Sabah II

You have no clue

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:24 pm

especially your baskets and pots are too high.

when the common market price is 3, you don't offer them for 5. Actually, you're the only one in your area offering baskets and pots for a price higher than 4, and there are a lot of offers out there. In my eyes, that's attempted rip off of unexperienced players, no?

also your bricks are overpriced.
Last edited by Anonymous Top Ranker on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:30 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:@ Tinkerbell: No, you're not enjoying being a zombie in your s2. that's noncredible.

Why am I not surprized that you jumped into this thread with a mindless insult.

It is waaay past time for you to come outta the closet, cowardly sybil. What is your ingame name & prior forum name please?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:36 pm

"Anonymous Top Ranker" wrote:especially your baskets and pots are too high.

Opportunity cost of pottery/baskets is 3.36. Market fee lowers my 5 to 4.5. That is a 1 bread profit.

when the common market price is 3, you don't offer them for 5. Actually, you're the only one in your area offering baskets and pots for a price higher than 4, and there are a lot of offers out there. In my eyes, that's attempted rip off of unexperienced players, no?

New Players cannot afford the high lot sizes that come with a lower price. That is why mine sell. I only sell in lot sizes of 100 items that they can handle. I supply them with goods until they learn to not buy from the market at all & learn to TRADE by building boats.

also your bricks are overpriced.

Opportunity cost of bricks is 2.64. Market fee lowers my 4 to 3.6. One bread profilt again.

You have no clue about anything. My largest profit comes from my luxmats at 5 & you didn't even mention them. LOL.

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:51 pm

I don't mention your luxmats because their pricing is more or less according to the common market prices.

I just wanted to mention your listings that are priced 66% above common market price. and it's not about the lots. Others also sell sizes of 100, but for 3 or 4. Yes I do have a clue, I know exactly what's going on in my neighborhoods. And when I've got the impression someone tries to take advantage of less experienced players, I name it.

P.S. No, your opportunity costs are not 2.64 or 3.36. If you'd published an honest calculation, they would be around 15% lower than what you mentioned. You may not keep your continuous 10% bonus and your frequently returning 10% bonus a secret ;)

Hey, I don't make insults at all. I told you before what reincarnating means. Being a zombie.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:15 pm

Oh Mark, absolutely clueless as usual, (then again if you wised up I could not have much fun with you :D ) I barely play the game anymore because I work hard on my studies, also currently on my dig, you know, the kind of stuff that matters? This a game remember. ;)

Btw Mark, here's a very nice little .gif of you. Must have been a fun cruise, I hope you didn't drown the COTN box in the process...

As usual ATR, you are quite observant. Yes I think that among other things that would help revitalise the game community which a lot of people feel is the heart of the game. Whatever benefits the company and the game is always best in my mind, so I figure it definitely couldn't hurt. I think Fen is jockeying for the title of #1 Chatter, I'm barely around anymore. Well, Tink's a great hypocrite ya know... ;)

Tinkerbell wrote:It is waaay past time for you to come outta the closet,

Oh no Tink, by your definition that's an accusation of homosexuality. :eek:

I believe the zombie comment was a joke Tink... You know, one of those things where you hear it and you open your mouth and say "haha"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:22 pm

"Amun Nefer" wrote:I barely play the game anymore...

You never played the game in the first place, nor do you play TM games at all. You play AT games & only for a few minutes cuz you have ADD.
because I work hard on my studies

Liar

LOL. You spend all your time chatting & creating the largest forum posting rate in the history of this forum. Most of it garbage (like this entire thread) or insulting posts.

~ ~ ~

You are busted, Anonymous Top Ranker. I now know who you are! <g>

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:26 pm

LOL nice .gif :D

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:29 pm

I voted Maybe
because maybe actually means no
and no actually means yes
and yes actually means maybe :)

Edit: Hello Mark and Amun and Ken?

Harro TheGrad :D

yes I'm chitchatting

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:34 pm

XD!!!!! Oh that's a riot! XD The only thing true in that is the ADD part, (which is trumped by your psychosis) yup I have mild ADD, but I have incredible focus, so you're mostly wrong as usual. ;) I only go off to look at the news and do RL stuff, because if I spent all my time playing games I might wind up like you. :eek:

You see Tink the reason I don't feel the need to prove anything to you is because I simply can't respect you, you're just so... silly. Still I have played every one of TM's games, some much more than others, with COTN being the offline game I played the most.

Oh poor pitiful Groucho Marx, my professors seem to think the opposite on that count... Wow, Tink talking about insulting posts... Need a bring out the kettlepic once more?

You're a bit unnerved about the .gif and cruise thing aren't you? The funny thing is your pictures look so familiar like I've seen you before somewhere... (and the association is not very pleasant.)

Edit: Harro Zear! :D

Anonymous Top Ranker

Postby Anonymous Top Ranker » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:36 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:You are busted, Anonymous Top Ranker. I now know who you are! <g>

LOL yea right.... :D

but you'll keep it a secret anyway, wontcha?

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:42 pm

let me think for a moment

Sabah is merely a test server.. people who play there are at risk of sudden game changes anyways.. so I really don't care if Reed wipes it..

no wait
I am lying

if Reed Wipes 'our' test server
and then adds something to the late game.. it will take forever for the server to mature to a point it can be completely tested (and players can sink their teeth into the juicy updates) that would be detrimental to everybody :S

a solution for the problem? a NEW server!.... yes we should call it Theoris :3

Edit: Btw I am "ADD" aswell so becareful if you plan on makeing a general statment about people with A..D.... ohh look over there!! what a cute butterfly! :D
Imma go run around outside after the butterfly for a few minutes until I get bored and decide to sweep the floors instead... because those floors are kinda dirty... maybe if I didn't run around outside so much the floors wouldn't be dirty?!
ahh but then i wouldn't get to use my new orange scented tile cleaner! and you know what else is great?? Orange Juice..
I miss Florida :S
Last edited by Zeal on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Amun Nefer

Postby Amun Nefer » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:49 pm

This IS Tink we're talking about... XD

Hmmm... you're absolutely right Z, I forgot that such features would be untestable in their full forms if such action were taken... It would be nice if a third server were possible... :(

Yeah but almost everyone these days has ADD. Tink on the other hand is "special".

Return to “World - Sabah”