In defense of Tink

Feedback, questions and general discussion regarding Nile Online
Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:06 pm

"abana" wrote:+Tink cannot see that anyone is on his side. It has to do with his paranoia. After all, didn't he say that there should be more PvP, we are just giving him what he has said that he wants.

Yes, abana, I do want more PvP in Nile. I want the two quarry plot removed that stops high rankers from being able to PvP each other. I have posted it over & over & you know it.

What you did is what is possible now & it didn't upset me that you PvPed, as I have told you over & over.

It is the hypocrisy involved that you are a CBC Moderator & thus represent JuliaSet who wants NO PvP at all in the game.

and especially

that you griefed an innocent bystander to get closer to me.

If you were honest, you would admit that all your griefing started with JuliaSet's lies on her forum & then later in our nome room & since she & you are elitists, she will not retract her lies.

Face it, abana, your attacks are to defend her lies. "We will show him" is your mantra, but it just ain't workin out fer ya.

You are a CBC drone.

We really need to get passed this, but you & Mr Ears keep lying about it. You do JuliaSet NO favors.

No matter how many new threads you two start, nothing will change.

Where-o-where is JuliaSet's apology? Huh?
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Tink, read my post again and tell me where I would lie about something. You see? All that's coming from your side is accusations. I'm bloody right when I say you're not a reliable partner for discussions.

"Mr Ears" wrote:When I started here, I liked Tink. I shared his angles concerning the game and backed him up in threads. I really don't know what happened that it all turned that ugly. Somehow, one day we had a conversation via PM that got really weird, developing from a normal one into one where accusations and that quickly became a vicious fight. Then there's this whole thing with JuliaSet...

I really doubt that Tink has the honesty and sincerity to be able to discuss issues with him consistently in a civilized manner. But that's a crucial thing in communication: knowing to be talking to a discussion partner who is predictable in terms of reliable to consistently respecting manners and acting civilized.

It's really strange how he fails to understand that I am on his side. :(

abana

Postby abana » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:18 pm

I do NOT represent Juliaset. Juliaset represents Juliaset, I represent me, only me. Where does it say that I represent her?

I did not involve any innocent bystander, why do you think that I did? And Why hasn't he spoken up?

How have I ever promoted elitism?

Why do believe that you can divine my thoughts and what motivates me?

And how am I a drone?

Specifics and examples, please, not more of your unfounded accusations.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:25 pm

Gee, right after my last post too!

Enemy soldiers incoming to your monument(s)
An estimated 468 troops from The Combat Factory (8S) heading toward Vogelsang (12S)! (arrival in 3h 25m)

Predictable again. ATR/Mr Ears stalker of the CBC team again. This wasn't good enough?

You were attacked by Mr Ears on 5:42pm 09/02/2009
Mr Ears sent 136 72 134
You had 122 86 149

Combat Details
Mr Ears killed 56 86 42 of your army
You killed 111 72 59 of the enemy army
You captured 12 0 17 from Mr Ears!

Result
You kept the monument!

LOL

:D

EDIT: for those playing along, abana (ameslady) had sent the spies a few minutes earlier than the most recent attack...

You were attacked by ameslady on 9:43am 09/03/2009
ameslady sent 0 2 0
You had 107 68 124

Combat Details
ameslady killed 0 0 0 of your army
You killed 0 2 0 of the enemy army
You captured 0 0 0 from ameslady!

Result
You kept the monument!
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pontius Pilatus

Hmm, time for a truce, I think.

Postby Pontius Pilatus » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:52 pm

Well am I blind? I see several posts by the warring and competing for sympathy parties, where admiration and respect is admonished to the other side, but with a few buts. Why is the hatchet not buried yet? I can see that war and aggression leaves some scars, but can we laugh that away once we realize it is only a game? Thank god it is. If not we had a lot of casualties to deplore, like in the real wars. Like in Dresden, Berlin, London, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And in the real world England, Germany and Japan are best friends on the stage now. Please normalise the discussion and try to be civil again.
Mm, I still didn't vote for that troll poll, you can still buy my vote, takers?

Cheers!
But it ain't necessarily so.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Here we go again.......... accusations and so forth.... :/

Why don't we all try and leave all that crap behind? I mean, that accusation - revenge game really ain't an adult thing to do, is it!

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 pm

"Zeal" wrote:I wouldn't live there but Alaska is beautiful, from what I've seen, and I wonder if there are good diving opportunities there.

Indeed. I wanna go there at least once before I go Immortality! LOL

as for Florida.. it has it's ups and downs like any other state but I feel the ups are worth the downs (no state income tax for example)
I suggest looking into one of the hundreds of natural springs .. maybe one of them would be deep enough to allow diving o_0 (there are some gorgeous springs in Florida too)

LOL

PS Florida is sometimes called "the most Northernmost Southern State" lol
that is in mentality not geography btw...

Indeed, especially the Panhandle. I'll take the Southern part of the state.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:01 pm

"Pontius Pilatus" wrote:And in the real world England, Germany and Japan are best friends on the stage now.

Uuhm..... well...... not THAT good friends they certainly are ;)

Let's say... they learned to treat each other in civilized manners... not like barbarians.... got about time in the late 20th century :D

Please normalise the discussion and try to be civil again.

That's what I'm saying all the time... but for civilized communication you require reliable consistantly civilized communication partners.... you know, modern 20th and 21st century comunication.... think of England - Germany ;)

Karter

Postby Karter » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:14 pm

??? WHAT ????

Tinkerbell and MarkDuffy are one in the same?????
did I get that right, or am I missing something

lol

...my,my, what they won't come up with next to try and trick me

:) :) :) :) :)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:20 pm

Howdy, Karter!

It has been on Tinkerbell's profile all the time. Coming Out party in the Outside World when I changed monikers. No secrets. Full disclosure.

How are you doing?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Hey, we have seen this play before! (re: Abana is a Griefer thread)

Arnold II (another CBC teammate of abana/Mr Ears unless multiple accounts) in Theoris has sent 3 more attacks! LOL

Enemy soldiers incoming to your monument(s)
An estimated 269 troops from Terminator 2 (318N) heading toward Ansel Adams (26N)! (arrival in 42h 39m)
An estimated 26 troops from Terminator 2 (318N) heading toward John Muir (15N)! (arrival in 71h 14m)
An estimated 59 troops from Terminator 2 (318N) heading toward Ansel Adams (26N)! (arrival in 71h 20m)
An estimated 69 troops from Terminator 2 (318N) heading toward John Muir (15N)! (arrival in 71h 21m)

Are we having fun yet?

...yes, we are...

:D
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Karter

Postby Karter » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:53 pm

LOL Joke is on me :)

I had no idea, I just check in from time to time to see what is going on..
and all this while, I had thought MarkDuffy went off to happier hunting grounds,
which I guess is true in a way... :(

I haven't been doing much gaming as of late, played a little WoW (which is fun), but could never leave the CoTN forums for to long.
Toooooooooo many interesting peoples

I am glad to know, that you never left

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:03 pm

"Karter" wrote:I am glad to know, that you never left

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thank You!

We have a new COTN, even Alexandria XPac, if you wanna work your Historic Karter-Magic™ again on a new scenario!

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:47 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Indeed. I wanna go there at least once before I go Immortality! LOL
Hopefully the cold won't CAUSE the "immortality".... :(
still it is prettyful and pretty full of oil.. I mean... wildlife.... :p

"Tinkerbell" wrote:LOL

I'm serious, I have seen some gorgeous turquoise colored springs in Florida, bring some goggles and a snorkel. lol
that's not really "diving" but hey...

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Indeed, especially the Panhandle. I'll take the Southern part of the state.
The southern part of the State is better developed imo
the Panhandle is just starting out it seems and is full of rural areas and small towns that want to be big tourist cities SO bad... :rolleyes:

ohh well, I blame that damn AFB
Eglin :p

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:13 pm

I wanted to say something here, but then ... I have been away for a while, come back to peek in what's going on, and now it seems everything I say turns 'magically' into something else, taken as an attack... or something. Perhaps some day...

abana

Postby abana » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:23 pm

I had asked in the OP whether or not there was anyone who was willing to be a receptor of PM's so that people could post their views anonymously. If there were such a person, would you be willing to send your statements to them, I know that if you were the only one who wanted this, you wouldn't want to do it, becase they wouldn't be anonymous, but who would you accept and recomend for the role? Maybe if that person knew that there was a need, he would be willing to do it. And maybe if there was a person in that role, there might be more prople sending their coments.
Last edited by abana on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 pm

"Kiya" wrote:I wanted to say something here, but then ... I have been away for a while, come back to peek in what's going on, and now it seems everything I say turns 'magically' into something else, taken as an attack... or something. Perhaps some day...

Kiya! :D :D :D

*jumps into your lap and wags his tail...*
Where have you been! ? :(

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Perhaps I have no business at all posting to this thread, but I'm going to anyway :D

I'm in a somewhat unique position - I started with CotN shortly after it's release, fell in love with it, moved to a new PC (from hell! Gateway sure went downhill over time!) and had to shelve CotN until this year when I got another PC. I have both much programming (application) and much gaming experience in my lifetime. So that makes me both experienced AND a newcomer at the same time.

I'm still not an expert CotN player, yet my programming/gaming background led me to jump into editing and scenario creation (probably earlier than I should! LOL)

I've interacted with Tinkerbell on both player and scenario maker fronts, and I've found him to be knowledgeable and pleasant. Yes, there is an air of confidence and certainty, but I read that as coming from long experience, NOT arrogance or narrow-mindedness. When I posted about my game play style being different, I was not chastised, I was told, "if it works for you, keep doing it!" When I posted a scenario that was not-ready-for-prime-time, Tinkerbell was and is one of two people testing it to help me find/fix problems - EVERY experienced programmer, gamer or otherwise KNOWS what they are letting themselves in for when they test a "newbies" work! It's never pretty and it's never fun!

My hat is off to Tinkerbell! :)

If I have spoken/posted out of turn, I apologize to anyone/everyone on this forum, but I do NOT apologize regarding my opinion of Tinkerbell.

Sincerely,
...Charley

abana

Postby abana » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:23 pm

That is just the kind of honest viewpoint that I was looking for in this thread. Differing viewpoints are welcome, and without them, there would be no discussion.

my experience with him has been different. I have felt(and other's have reported feeling the same way), that Tink tries to place his own rules and game style on others.

Any other's?

Zeal

Postby Zeal » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:14 am

You really want to know my honest experience with tink? :eek:
It is much the same as CharleyK1, He helped me learn the basics of Cotn and, indirectly, C4 aswell.

When I first played NO he freely gave advice via PM and was a reliable and fair trading partner too.
I bet you anything if I were being unfairly harassed in the game he would have stepped in.

I'm not saying we never argued or fought, but that is inevitable in any relationship.
eventually you will get into a fight with anybody, even your best friends.

if two people agree on everything.. (sound familiar? lol)

Edit: uggghh an ass kiss post.. I'm going to wash my mouth now.. brb :S
Last edited by Zeal on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”