Life expectancy

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
khamoisis

Life expectancy

Postby khamoisis » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Exactly what is the average age my pharaoh will live to be? Right now he is 30 years old and each year it warns me about finishing his tomb. My medium pyramid is at 45% completion.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:25 pm

My pharaohs tend to die young. I only once saw one over 40. I had several die in a row before they even turned 16.

Thirty is appearently a good age for a pharaoh to die... maybe you should build a mastaba for him just in case he dies before your pyramid gets finished ;)

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:26 pm

Howdy, khamoisis!

I don't believe the age at Pharaoh Death has changed much with later versions of the game. Check out this thread: What are your RECORD Pharoah ages

I would guess 30-40 is a good average, but I have personally had one die at 6 & three Pharaoh deaths almost in a row.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MoonHeart

Postby MoonHeart » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:23 pm

The longest lived Pharaoh for me is 53.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:06 am

"khamoisis" wrote:Exactly what is the average age my pharaoh will live to be? Right now he is 30 years old and each year it warns me about finishing his tomb. My medium pyramid is at 45% completion.

My strategy is to build a mastaba as soon as I can and assign it to Pharaoh. If your pyramid is completed before he dies, you can change the mastaba to something else.

There is probably not an average per se. The last sandbox game for me lasted 59 years with pharaoh number VIII.

Thats an average of one pharaoh every 7.375 years. :D

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:21 am

Definitely build a small mastaba dedicated to Pharaoh before you ever begin to accumulate prestige. I actually build two then. After first Phraoh dies, I then build a Large Mastaba (skipping medium) also dedicated to Pharaoh, or if my prestige begins to get large. Then I only build Large, Large, Large.

Larger tomb means more reclaim prestige if a Pharaoh is in it. Pyramids greater than mastabas.

Pharaoh will always automatically be buried in the largest tomb available. The game takes care of this for us.

Pyramids are something else & usually a later game thingie if you decide to put a Pharaoh in one, cuz you have to obtain limestone. Always have a mastaba backup!

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Yep, Tinkerbell beat me to it again on all points.

Always have a mastaba or 2 available. I have also experienced 3 pharaoh deaths in a row (all within year 2 of the map) and I had no tombs so the hit was massive. :(

khamoisis

Postby khamoisis » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:12 am

well my last pharaoh died at 19 and was buried in a small pyramid. Now my current pharaoh who is 29. has his medium pyramid finished. While finally in the near future i have a great pyramid at 5% completion.

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:33 pm

"PantherX" wrote:Yep, Tinkerbell beat me to it again on all points.

Always have a mastaba or 2 available. I have also experienced 3 pharaoh deaths in a row (all within year 2 of the map) and I had no tombs so the hit was massive. :(

What hit? If you don't have prestige yet, you won't have trouble. I'd rather have 5 Pharaohs die the first 5 years than two in a row after entombing the first one in a huge pyramid.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:32 pm

"khamoisis" wrote:well my last pharaoh died at 19 and was buried in a small pyramid. Now my current pharaoh who is 29. has his medium pyramid finished. While finally in the near future i have a great pyramid at 5% completion.

Good luck on the Great Pyramid. I don't think I have completed one in less than 30 years. However, I seem to recall someone completing one in 18yr.

Pharaoh Pepy

Postby Pharaoh Pepy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:43 pm

"tomnobles" wrote:My strategy is to build a mastaba as soon as I can and assign it to Pharaoh. If your pyramid is completed before he dies, you can change the mastaba to something else.

There is probably not an average per se. The last sandbox game for me lasted 59 years with pharaoh number VIII.

Thats an average of one pharaoh every 7.375 years. :D

I just keep cranking out Mastabas, and if a Pharaoh lives long enough for a pyramid then that's good.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:21 am

Yeah, I got the mastabas figured out. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:27 am

Holey schmoley dude.. That's some serious brickmaking/laying.

Many are filled, do you assign it to anyone?

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 pm

OMG

:eek:

tomnobles does it again!

LOL !!!

...gotta luv it...overflowed the 2 digit display too...lol...

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:03 pm

"Anyone can be buried here"

Sounds like an advertising slogan for that burial ground... :D

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:32 pm

"PantherX" wrote:Holey schmoley dude.. That's some serious brickmaking/laying.

Many are filled, do you assign it to anyone?

I used to assign all small to Noble, regular to Royal and large to Pharaoh but, lately I just built a few large assigned to pharaoh and the rest assigned to anyone. I discovered that nobles will take a tomb according to how much bread they have on hand.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:37 pm

"tomnobles" wrote:I used to assign all small to Noble, regular to Royal and large to Pharaoh but, lately I just built a few large assigned to pharaoh and the rest assigned to anyone. I discovered that nobles will take a tomb according to how much bread they have on hand.

Each mastaba has a price to buy it & also a maintenance upkeep cost. Purchase & maintenance is assessed at 8 Pm each day. Miss it & enhancement looks run down and townhouse evolution suffers.

The most obvious is the unhappy green pool

All enhancements work this way.

khamoisis

Postby khamoisis » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:15 pm

i have no evidence to back this up but acording to my watchful eye the great pyramid was finished in 20 years.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:15 pm

"khamoisis" wrote:i have no evidence to back this up but acording to my watchful eye the great pyramid was finished in 20 years.

With v1.3.01 & above, larger pyramids use 1/3 less limestone now. tomnobles was talking about the old daze. It was part of TM's pyramid speedup change. Lots of things changed having to do with limestone quarrying & especially pyramid construction..

Return to “General Discussion”