Is it me, or are the tutorials redicuously long.

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
fivexakathracieP

Is it me, or are the tutorials redicuously long.

Postby fivexakathracieP » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:00 am

Seriously, I just got this game today, and it took me a good 3-4 hours to get through THREE tutorials

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:09 am

I'd call that "thorough." ;)

fivexakathracieP

Postby fivexakathracieP » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:11 am

"Keith" wrote:I'd call that "thorough." ;)

I do agree that they are thorough, but they are still pretty long

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:47 am

They seem long because they rely on a scripted action that the player must take before the tutorial moves on. Once you know what to build you can basically build it before the tutorial asks you to and it should simply skip to the next step.

So if you are in step 6 and you know that in step 7 you need to build a shrine, and you are waiting for something to be completed or accumulate in your current step, just go ahead and build the shrine while you wait.

Of course if it is your first time through the tutorial you wouldn't know what comes next. Sometimes people don't pay close attention to the tutorial scripted instructions and miss something they have to and get stuck.

CharleyK1

Postby CharleyK1 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 pm

I do agree that the tutorials are long, but I wouldn't say "ridiculously" long. The CotN game engine is quite different than other city building games I've played, and some strategy concepts are quite different. Quite a few people play through the tutorials and still miss some very important points (like making sure that buildings are placed so that their entrances are not blocked).

If you are zipping right along and none of the tutorial concepts are new to you, you can try starting the grand campaign scenarios. If you run into difficulty, you can always go back to the tutorials.

Happy Playing,
...Charley

Return to “General Discussion”