Suggestion To Tilted Mill: Tag Town Fighters

Everything Hinterland that doesn't fit elsewhere
fpink3

Suggestion To Tilted Mill: Tag Town Fighters

Postby fpink3 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:40 pm

When the "raid is coming" klaxon sounds, I generally race back to town to prepare the defense. It would be REALLY helpful if you could tell at a glance which town members will fight the raiders and which town members will avoid the raiders. I have attached a screenshot that provides one suggestion for placing a visible "tag" on a town member's plaque that denotes if that town memeber will fight if the town is attacked.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:58 pm

Howdy, fpink3!

I love this idea! :)

I just set all of them to fight, but keep having to recheck everyone to make sure I haven't missed a new building.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:03 pm

Agreed, its a good idea that has been suggested in the past was a good idea then as it is now. Love the screen shot also!

I will also have the town members fight except for the level 1,2's I make them run away, run away.. /end Monty Python impression and seriously every time I tell them to run away, run away... I do the impression..

so easily amused I am :cool:
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:34 pm

LOL, PantherX! Love it!

I set everyone to fight. Either they level up or they die & I replace em with higher level visitors.

What?

Ya mean we aren't suppost to kill our own people too? :eek:

blitz100

Postby blitz100 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 pm

I'd recommend against having special town members like your merchant or some spell casters set to fight. If the merchant dies, it might be a while before you get a new one and during that time you can't sell anything and lose out on a lot of gold production. Other characters like priests can be expensive to replace and you lose their prayers while they are gone. Food producing characters are cheap and easy to replace/upgrade when they die.

Xarne

Postby Xarne » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Man you guys are brave. I tried equipping my town full of brave-hearted defenders and lets just say I had a lot of job opportunities in town when I returned.
At the very least have your merchant run like a track star, your whole economy revolves around him/her

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:54 am

I'm too protective of my townspeople, even if they are simple level 1 peasants. When there's an attack, I always come rushing back to personally defend the town. :o

Return to “General Discussion”