Useless, or just underrated?

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:07 am

LOL, I used to never build pyramids until thegrad started yelling at me.

Now I build em every time!

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:44 pm

i would like someday even my nobles have small pyramids :D lol

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:19 am

I guess this would ruin them, as they cost much more upkeep than a small mastaba :p

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 pm

oh really? what are the costs? and how they pay? one single pay or for every death? i build one small mastaba, then the medium and then all the large mastaba :D poor nobles hehe

sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:14 am

I don't think nobles are able to afford a pyramid at all.
Nobels pay upkeep once a year (shortly after harvest), you can see when their pools turn clear again and the run down walls get white, their amount of bread decreases significantly. If the family owns a tomb, they pay more bread than without one, so the tomb costs upkeep, too. I don't know how much, but I'm sure someone here has found out (looking over to Tinkerbell...).

If you build mastaba of several sizes, nobles always buy the smallest. I guess this is because the bigger ones are more expensive (to buy and in upkeep), but I'm not sure if they can buy the bigger ones at all.

I don't have the time to run tests right now, but maybe you can try for yourself? Build only medium mastabas, make sure your nobles are as rich as they can get, and see if they buy a tomb. And then watch if the upkeep ruins them ;)

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm

hello sakasiru, i use to build, one small mastaba, then the medium mastaba and then all large mastaba, so only 2 Nobles have small or medium, then all buy large mastabas, i did not know this could affect, they was ok, i will try to run a test to see how much they pay. The reason a build the large one is to get prestige faster. :) greedy :) haha

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Dat's a fact!

...what sakasiru said...

rj66

Postby rj66 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 am

Pyramids cost no more then any mastaba.
about 100 food to buy into one plus 50?~100? food per burial(probably much less)
and about 15 food per season to maintain them(each enhancement you allow can cost about 15 food/season)

note that a number of mummies may be in storage so it can take a few years to initially catch up

Employing servants can be a bigger drain on the nobles/lux shopkeep food supplies
(about 40 food/year in addition to the servants quarters enhancement cost of 30~45food/year)

fruit groves, yachts and imported goods are unnecessary drains too

sakasiru wrote:Nobels pay upkeep once a year (shortly after harvest)

I disagree. Maintainance is seasonally deducted at 8pm. Burial and initial tomb purchase may occur after harvest only in the situation that the noble food stores are being unneccisarily drained by above mentioned reasons. Tombs can be purchased at 8pm of any season as long as the Noble has the food stores for it.
Last edited by rj66 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 14 times in total.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 pm

"rj66" wrote:Pyramids cost no more then any mastaba.

are you saying any mastaba or pyramids costs the same? so is good idea to use large mastaba or small pyramids to increase prestige?

rj66

Postby rj66 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:42 pm

NobleSeth;
two different topics/issues
1. noble cost to purchasing and maintain a tomb
no rush to assign tombs to nobles until you start getting noble deaths and have extra tombs. Much more important just to have the mortuary services available and getting ahead of the royal/pharaoh death rate. Once the nobles have 6 or 8(preferable) farms then they can handle the extra expense of tombs.

2. prestige benefits to Pharaoh
obviously a large mastaba will provide higher initial prestige value to the pharaoh and will take longer to degrade to 1 then a small mastaba.

Personally, I dont use small mastabas because the initial prestige is too low and they degrade in prestige value too fast. I seldom have seen a small mastaba over 1 after nobles start packing in there mummies. Plain Mastaba is my usual choose for noble tombs with the royals/pharaoh getting Large Mastaba. Of course, the Mastaba the nobles get may have been assigned to royals and degraded to 1 or 2 points by the time I change them to 'nobles only'. If Im lucky there prestige value will increase to 4,5, or 6 as the nobles start to pack in there mummies. Large Mastabas can get a little higher prestige from the noble mummies but may slow prestige level increases enough that I reserve them for royals/phar burials.

Nothing stops you from deleting the noble Mastabas with 1 prestige point and reassigning extra Pyramids to 'nobles only' if you want. It won't increase you prestige, but may free up space to build another new pyramid.
--- Use the Mastaba/Large Mastaba for noble tombs ---
Pyramids can take a lot of resources/time that your unlikely to initially have available the first decade.

On the other hand even a Very Small Pyramid has better prestige value then a Large Mastaba, so if time and resource allocation isn't an issue then go for the Pyramids. You will probably still need to start out with several Large Mastaba just to get the educated workers numbers to start building pyramids while smoothly running your city.

It is not a "this or that" issue but rather a perspective of capabilities and limitations of your playing strategy and available resources.
Last edited by rj66 on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:35 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:43 pm

"rj66" wrote: Maintainance is seasonally deducted at 8pm. Burial and initial tomb purchase may occur after harvest only in the situation that the noble food stores are being unneccisarily drained by above mentioned reasons.

Oops, this is correct! I shouldda read saks a bit more closely. She forgot about the other seasons of upkeep (8 PM is shortly after 7:20 PM Shemu harvest transfer).

Townhouse enhancement upkeep is paid at 8 PM every day & Noble tomb is one of them.

Pyramids for Nobles are expensive, but doable.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:37 pm

rj66 and tinkerbell, wow you opened my eyes :) i was looking things in different way, but i was checking The Nobles with large mastaba and was poor, like 10 or 20 breads, and the other Nobles with small mastaba with more than 200 Breads, i was trying to get fast prestige with bricks, but there is better way to do it, like statues and so.

Well is good to know different ideas.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”