# of Nobles?

Everything Children of the Nile that doesn't fit elsewhere
NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:51 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:He cheated. ;)

:D

is there any place in the INI files you can change the number of educated workers????

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:51 pm

"CatMajik" wrote:Tomnobles, How did your game run w/ 193 nobles and 1442 farmers? Mine starts to lag at 12 nobles, you must have one hell of a pc.

He cheated on that too! LOL

"NobleSeth" wrote:is there any place in the INI files you can change the number of educated workers????

Yes, there is!

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:15 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:He cheated on that too! LOL

Apparently! LOL!

*goes to hunt through the INI files to see what can be changed* ;)
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 pm

"evilbill-agqx" wrote:*goes to hunt through the INI files to see what can be changed* ;)

All kinds of things. My favorite change is to take out the text for "Planting," "Harvest," and "Flood" after the season names. It helped me learn them better.

You can also change all the default people names to ones you'd prefer. It will still choose them randomly, so if you want a whole city of Yahyas, you'd have to make every first name the same, which would be just silly.

evilbill-agqx

Postby evilbill-agqx » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 pm

"Yahya" wrote:All kinds of things. My favorite change is to take out the text for "Planting," "Harvest," and "Flood" after the season names. It helped me learn them better.

You can also change all the default people names to ones you'd prefer. It will still choose them randomly, so if you want a whole city of Yahyas, you'd have to make every first name the same, which would be just silly.

I know in the Language text you can change a lot of things, too.

I always change the names of the gods to something closer to the actual Egyptian names, rather than the more familiar Graecised ones. As well as changing a Pharaoh death message to saying he got whacked by a freak rain of bananas. :P
"When Tal Rasha chose to embody the spirit of Baal, he knew his doom was to wrestle eternally against the will of the greater Evil. Look around you and ask yourself, Has the battle been won or lost?"
- Lysander

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 pm

OK, on tomnobles HUGE city...

He turned the graphics settings WAAAAAY down & plays with clouds (lag haze) & lag. Then he pauses & turns the graphics back up for the pictures. ;)

I think his city also crashes a lot.

...autosaves ruuule...
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:43 am

"Tinkerbell" wrote:OK, on tomnobles HUGE city...

He turned the graphics settings WAAAAAY down & plays with clouds (lag haze) & lag. Then he pauses & turns the graphics back up for the pictures. ;)

...autosaves ruuule...

jeje that is 4 sure :D , and i with small cities still have to low down all my graphics :D

NobleSeth

Postby NobleSeth » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:45 am

"Yahya" wrote:All kinds of things. My favorite change is to take out the text for "Planting," "Harvest," and "Flood" after the season names. It helped me learn them better.

great i changed the hotkeys :)

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:02 pm

...autosaves ruuule...

Your right Tinkerbell, that is cheating. But even with graphics at their lowest setting, that is a lot of nobles/farmers/etc.

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Personally at the moment i'm on 75 nobles, 488 farmers (With a max of 558, but i want some more laborers and servants first) but yeah, still got everything turned up and fine, the end hope is to have 1000 farmers really, reckon i can make that in like...a month :P

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Your computer must be hating you now. ;)

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Nearing 800 now, it's complaining a bit at 2x speed, and it gets a fair bit of lag at the 6am/6pm

and the harvest sorta continues into flood season due to the walking distances.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:57 pm

"osdeath" wrote:Nearing 800 now, it's complaining a bit at 2x speed, and it gets a fair bit of lag at the 6am/6pm

and the harvest sorta continues into flood season due to the walking distances.

Perhaps you would like to share a screenie with us?

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:25 pm

The attachment feature on the forum has been disabled because of the recent spamming attacks. You could use Picassa or some other hosting site to put up images.

osdeath

Postby osdeath » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm saving Them for the 1000 farmers at this moment, which isn't too far off now luckily :P

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 pm

"CatMajik" wrote:Tomnobles, How did your game run w/ 193 nobles and 1442 farmers? Mine starts to lag at 12 nobles, you must have one hell of a pc.

Sorry it took me so long to answer, I've been moving. On the machine I built last year (with 12 GB RAM) it was choppy. I had to pause to do anything but had no crashes.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:50 pm

"NobleSeth" wrote:is there any place in the INI files you can change the number of educated workers????

There is is a mod on the forum I used. I'll try to find it for you.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:52 pm

...autosaves ruuule...

Not with my present machine. Still has some lag though.

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:57 pm

"NobleSeth" wrote:yeah i would like to have a better PC also to set in best graphics, what configuration do you have?

I built my computer last year, it's in storage right now:
Mother board - asRock P45x3 Deluxe
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad 2.33GHz
Video Card - NVIDIA Geforce 8500 GT (1GB DDR3)
Memory - 12GB DDR3 RAM (OCZ Reaper)
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

tomnobles

Postby tomnobles » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:59 pm

"CatMajik" wrote:Your right Tinkerbell, that is cheating. But even with graphics at their lowest setting, that is a lot of nobles/farmers/etc.

Mods ain't cheatin', are they? :cool:

I couldn't build a city without priests. Gotta keep the people happy!

Return to “General Discussion”