statistics make me sad :(

Anything relating to our company that doesn't fit elsewhere
thechris

statistics make me sad :(

Postby thechris » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:28 pm

15,000 people registered on this fourm, for all of tilted mill, the indie game i play that came out just over a year ago has 24,000 people that payed for the game
and registering for the fourm is free, but the indie game costs money, and tilted mill has been around A LOT longer then the indie game, is on steam, AND in stores (i saw COTN at our schools book sale lol)

Blade

Postby Blade » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:58 pm

There are a lot of reasons for this.
This site updates very infrequently, and as long as I've been a member has had very inactive staff.
The off topic section is oddly named, and I for one rarely join a forum without one. Regardless there's no mindless spam/games section which helps drive activity forum wide.

But probably the biggest factor is the tilted mill main page. It's just about the most drab homepage I've ever seen. It looks like something from the late 90s, and it prominently displays update dates, the last one being a year and a half ago. It gives the impression of a dead site.

The second issue with the main page is that the forum link is small, text only and buried between "Jobs" and "Company".

The only reason I found this forum was because I was looking for something about Lords of Magic. I was already aware of Tilted Mill's existence from Wikipedia's mention of it in the Impressions article, but I didn't notice the forum on the site's main page.

Agamemnus

Postby Agamemnus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:32 am

Except for a few posts here and there and Nile Online, it is dead. Most employees are gone; there is just a skeleton crew of apparently one person (Jeff) left.

Anyway, the site design is most certainly not 1999. The main site hardly fits 800x600 screens (like mine) and in 1999 the vast majority of screens were that size.

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 am

New accounts have been suspended because of serious spam attacks, this obviously doesn't help in the sense of vitality.

Nevertheless if any existing member has a question, gamewise or technical it generally gets answered soon by the fans and techies who keep the forum alive.

"More power to their elbows"

Return to “The Tilted Mill”