New SimCity

Off-topic discussions about everything else
sakasiru

Postby sakasiru » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

From one of the forum threads linked above:

I have to agree on that last part, this really does feel a LOT more like a Societies sequel than a "true" Sim City game.

- oh, the irony...

Herodotus

Postby Herodotus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:03 am

"sakasiru" wrote:- oh, the irony...

Yes, if you remember all those "You killed Sim City" posts directed at TM when SCS first came out.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:46 am

Indie developers are the way to go now. The age of big-name companies has passed.

EmperorJay

Postby EmperorJay » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:44 am

"Azeem" wrote:Indie developers are the way to go now. The age of big-name companies has passed.

We'll see. I hope so, but I fear the majority of the customers isn't nearly as critical as those who actually take the time to post on the internet. I really doubt SimCity is a failure financially and so I doubt EA will see the need for change. Similarly, when the next Call of Duty brings in another billion, Activision will still see no reason to change a thing.

As long as there's room for indie developers we'll receive fun and well developed games, but big-name companies won't disappear for a while.

CatMajik

Postby CatMajik » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:56 pm

"JuliaSet" wrote:Here is a two day old review. I hear they finally have enough servers to take care of the number of players trying to connect. I'm not too keen on "always online." There are just too many kooks out there who might breach my firewall if I gave them a lot of time to do so.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/simcity-shows-the-dark-side-of-online-gaming-6405058/ There are some lessons here for any gamer/dev. Hope it all works out.

Totally agree!!!!! That is why I will not buy this game.

Pharaoh Pepy

Postby Pharaoh Pepy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 am

I keep getting problems with server connection, while I have no problem with my connection. Traffic seems fugged, even with the latest patch.

I like it okay, and thankfully I got it a bit cheaper through Gamestop.

Azeem

Postby Azeem » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 am

EA games...you would never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...sorry, just had to say that. :o

Pharaoh Pepy

Postby Pharaoh Pepy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:36 pm

"Azeem" wrote:EA games...you would never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...sorry, just had to say that. :o

It might be unfair to say this, but I think the Simcity beta testers were either hitting illegal substances or used some sort of super server without the little foibles of most people's connection. 4 remains a far superior game.

Return to “The Outside World”