Abydos

Post and download user-created scenarios and campaigns here!
Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:15 am

Excellent idea. But why didn't I get my victory before I got my tenth obelisk? I got them one in a year, and everything else was already done. :confused:
And it says MORE than nine, to me that means 9 is not enough. Well...back to Abydos then.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:33 am

Ok checked: all trade posts are open, every one of them, then deleted the last Obelisk. Nothing happened though I waited. :eek: I did it for you Mark, you asked!Image
OK not that bad, I forgot the make a save after it fell. *wiping tears* Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:33 am

Kiya wrote:Excellent idea. But why didn't I get my victory before I got my tenth obelisk? I got them one in a year, and everything else was already done. :confused:
And it says MORE than nine, to me that means 9 is not enough. Well...back to Abydos then.

Yeah, me too. I was waiting for envoys & Grand Obelisks to be delivered also. I'm just trying to help. Sounds like it won't work. Perhaps it is the new version, then. Try it anyway.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:43 am

Yes I know you are trying to help, you're helping all of us. :)

I guess it could be the new version then. Anyway I won't do anything to it, be it then without a win screen. Been there long enough, building even extra temples and statues while waiting.

Karter

Postby Karter » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:43 am

okay i ran into the same thing, no win screen

I took a look at his scenario, via the editor...the problem lies with the Obelisks trigger, he has it set in two places. one is set correctly and the main trigger is not I believe

The Grad...

I think your problems lies in the Condition

Erect more than 9 oblis

you have it set as
Player1 - RESOURCE - Grand Oblisks - >= - 9

where RESOURCE should be set as BUILDINGS
with it set this way I believe you actually have to have 9 or more in the cargo area for it to actually fire

I will play mine out for 9 more years to see if it actually works

--------

Well I played until I had 9 Grand Oblisks in the carga area and no win scenario
so will have to look further into it, but to late this evening. will try later

:(
Last edited by Karter on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:15 pm

Ah thanks Karter for looking into this.

The scenario was nice even though no win screen. Especially the beginning was impressive. :p :D a little spoiler follows Raiders came early during the first year when the city was tiny and there was no way to defend its people. Nobles left...many more were frightened....but Pharaoh Kiya1 kept going on strong and building more. Had only one graduate who became a priest. Thank you thegrad. :)

It appears that MD was right some scenario makers have troubles with numbers triggers.

Karter

Postby Karter » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:59 pm

Kiya

The scenario was nice even though no win screen. Especially the beginning was impressive. a little spoiler follows

Kiya,

yeah I agree it was fun, and not all that difficult.

I did look into it a bit further...and I think it has something to do with my past post and in the using of the Goals portion of the editor.

Personally, I could never quite understand the goals section of the editor and always turn it off and handle my victories with triggers only. I am pretty certain if you turned the goals off and set the oblisks trigger as I stated before it would work correctly.

But, I have played it several times at this point and not up to trying it again, maybe in months down the road :)

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:18 pm

If it would help, I can upload Grad's original version that gave me a Win Screen. I'm sure Grad is looking into this, but if Grad no longer has the original, I am here to help in any way I can. :)

Karter

Postby Karter » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:42 pm

MarkDuffy
If it would help, I can upload Grad's original version that gave me a Win Screen. I'm sure Grad is looking into this, but if Grad no longer has the original, I am here to help in any way I can.

If you want to you, you could, that way if somebody wanted a good copy they could get it. .... it's your call.....

The code and triggers portion is very small only 10 lines or so, it wouldn't be hard to scan the differences.

I was curious, do you know why he put out an updated version? or did I miss something in the thread here?

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:04 pm

Karter wrote:If you want to you, you could, that way if somebody wanted a good copy they could get it. .... it's your call.....

Well, since Grad is an active poster, it's Grad's call. I don't like stepping on toes, Karter. I'm just trying to help w/o getting people upset.

The code and triggers portion is very small only 10 lines or so, it wouldn't be hard to scan the differences.

I don't do Editor, so it is up to Grad.

I was curious, do you know why he put out an updated version? or did I miss something in the thread here?

It was a conclusion I drew from Grad's Post #14 & then noticing that Post #1 had been edited ("Last edited by thegrad : 11-29-2006 at 12:00 PM. Reason: update to file"). The thread was highlighted on the forum site as New Posts, so I checked this thread out & remembered I had promised to play it, but had forgotten.

Grad never corrected me, so it appears to be true. However, in my version, Goals ARE in the Scenario Info screen. I have not downloaded the new version. I have no idea what changes were made.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:41 am

MarkDuffy wrote:Well, since Grad is an active poster, it's Grad's call. I don't like stepping on toes, Karter. I'm just trying to help w/o getting people upset.

I don't do Editor, so it is up to Grad.

It was a conclusion I drew from Grad's Post #14 & then noticing that Post #1 had been edited ("Last edited by thegrad : 11-29-2006 at 12:00 PM. Reason: update to file"). The thread was highlighted on the forum site as New Posts, so I checked this thread out & remembered I had promised to play it, but had forgotten.

Grad never corrected me, so it appears to be true. However, in my version, Goals ARE in the Scenario Info screen. I have not downloaded the new version. I have no idea what changes were made.

:o I hope all will except my apology for the mistake I made in trying to change my game. Mark if you have an original copy of the game I would love to have it reposted. Again I ask all to accept my apology.

MarkDuffy

Postby MarkDuffy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:37 am

thegrad wrote: Mark if you have an original copy of the game I would love to have it reposted.

Anything for you, Grad! :)

EDIT: Upload removed ~ Grad has edited it into Post #1.
Last edited by MarkDuffy on Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:07 am

MarkDuffy wrote:Anything for you, Grad! :)

Thank you Mark. I have uploaded your file, so the game is back where it was.
Sorry to all for the problem.

Karter

Postby Karter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:06 am

no problem here, believe me, I know how difficult it is to make sure everything is correct
its a nice scenario...glad it got resolved

thanks for the hard work

Kiya

Postby Kiya » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:05 pm

Thegrad, no need to apologize, the scenario was fun as it was. :) Thank you again :)

Karter

Postby Karter » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:36 pm

NOTE: After looking at both scenarios

As far as I can tell they are identical except for the goals section

The good one states

Victory(AND) Buildings Grand Oblisks >= 9

The non-win screen one reads as

Victory(OR) Buildings Grand Oblisks >= 9

as I said before I always add difficulty in understanding just how the Goals section interpretted its statements
Last edited by Karter on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegrad

Postby thegrad » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:03 pm

Karter wrote:NOTE: After looking at both scenarios

As far as I can tell they are identical except for the goals section

The good one states

Victory(AND) Buildings Grand Oblisks >= 9

The non-win screen one reads as

Victory(OR) Buildings Grand Oblisks >= 9

as I said before I always add difficulty in understanding just how the Goals section interrupted its statements

Thank you for your help with my game. This is the first one I tried to second guess myself on, I will not do that again. Thank all of you for your understanding. :o

Yahya

Postby Yahya » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:46 pm

Thank all of you for your understanding. :o

It's absolutely no problem, grad! :)

We all have understanding for someone taht puts together a scenario! It is a tough undertaking.

I am about halfway through teh scenarios that shipped with the game, but once done, I will start in my scenarios folder and go in order. Your is near the top. :)

I have the new version as well (well, the new one from last night anyway).

Lioness

Great scenario

Postby Lioness » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:34 pm

Well balanced in every way, had a lot of fun with it. Thanks Grad! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OJufemi

Postby OJufemi » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:18 pm

thegrad wrote:This is a fictional scenario of the adventures on the life of Pharaoh Djer.
Any historical facts are coincidental.

Enjoy the Hippo Water Ballet. ;)

I enjoyed the ballet and the scenario, thank you!

If you are still looking for feedback, I would agree with Mark that the WL upkeeps should be a tad bit higher, although I confess to enjoying not having to struggle too much, for a change.

I think a little more clay, as well. Not for the bricks, because the city is still most buildable with your initial quantity, but because of the effect on the potters. I almost had to laugh at myself by the end of the game because I felt so sorry for them!

I think a few less of the gift from Timna, too. Wow, I'll never see that quantity of a certain something in my stats again, I'll bet, :) !

The above are minor issues, offered only constructively. I enjoyed the scenario and thank you for taking the time to do it! BTW, I can't emphasize that last statement too much. I took a look at the editor and what's required to do a scenario. Eeek, my appreciation for the user-created scenarios has tripled!!!

Return to “User-created Scenarios”