Request regarding data2.cab from caesra IV disk

Stuck and need help, or want to discuss strategy? This is the place!
saffronire

Request regarding data2.cab from caesra IV disk

Postby saffronire » Sun May 11, 2008 6:12 pm

This is an odd request, but my Caesar IV disk 1 has a huge scratch down it and the Cyclic Redundancy Check on my computer won't read the file data2.cab. I've managed to transfer all the other data to a file on my computer but obviously I need data2.cab. I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to copy and send me this file?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section by the way, it seemed the most likey place to ask. Thanks.

saffronire

Postby saffronire » Mon May 12, 2008 6:32 am

Isn't there anyone willing to make a zip of data2.cab for me?

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon May 12, 2008 2:34 pm

That's something that really isn't allowed by the Exclusive Users License Agreement of the game.

You can get a replacement DVD from Sierra if you follow the required steps under the Disk and/or Manual Replacement section in the readme.txt file.

You can also try one of those disc repair kits that will repolish the data surface. I have seen one called the SkipDr (Skip Doctor) demonstrated on the local news. They took sandpaper and scratched a disc then ran it through the device and the disc worked again.

CaesarIVmod89

Postby CaesarIVmod89 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:31 pm

OK what about the discs that can't be fixed i.e. see through pinhole bumps? It isn't like one would be asking for the whole game just a "patch" per say.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:45 pm

If a repair kit doesn't do it, you'll have to get a new copy of the game. Swapping of game specific files isn't allowed, in case someone is contemplating requesting files here.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”