Vista Ultimate Crashes online

For all <a href="http://www.caesarivonline.com/">Caesar IV Online</a> related discussion
bobbywires

Postby bobbywires » Fri May 16, 2008 10:05 pm

I really enjoyed playing online Caesar but Microsoft has done something again. I'm running ADM 64 X2 with 2G and a NVIDIA Geforce 7300 GT display. Just got C IV running good by tweaking things and SP1 came out and it took several tweaks to make it run again. Things were going almost OK until 5/13 and Microsoft sent some security updates that made it impossible to run online. Sounds unrelated but I didn't change anything and it started crashing after the 5/13 (unlucky) update. Anyone else having Vista Ultimate problems related to Microsoft's updates. When I search Ceasar Vista 64 I get lots of "Ceasar wasn't designed to run on vista. Any chance that us poor Vista users will get a fix? My errors are mostly C++ errors.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat May 17, 2008 12:32 am

Well for starters, from the Caesar IV readme.txt file:

Caesar IV does not support Windows(R) Media Center Edition,
Windows(R) XP 64-bit Edition or Windows(R) Vista.
You've got a double whammy with 64-bit Vista, which might explain a lot of your problems.

Did you install DX9? Caesar IV isn't going to run with DX10 alone.

bobbywires

yea there's something about C IV

Postby bobbywires » Sat May 17, 2008 2:37 am

I'm running F.E.A.R perfect online and single user which I believe is DX9 - My problem is Caesar IV - I've been a fan since III but my game machine is also my business machine and I need Vista cus it's the next thing - I've suffered but I'm ready to give up maybe Caesar V ??????

Rnett

Postby Rnett » Sat May 17, 2008 4:27 am

The other thing you could try is uninstall the security updates that started the crashing.

Keith

Postby Keith » Sat May 17, 2008 3:46 pm

"bobbywires" wrote:I'm running F.E.A.R perfect online and single user which I believe is DX9 - My problem is Caesar IV - I've been a fan since III but my game machine is also my business machine and I need Vista cus it's the next thing - I've suffered but I'm ready to give up maybe Caesar V ??????

As I recall F.E.A.R. came out after Caesar IV and Vista so that might explain that. Caesar IV was released before Vista got out of beta.

As noted you can try uninstalling the updates and see if that cures your problem. There were similar problems with other updates from Microsoft shortly after Caesar IV was released. A particular MS update in conjunction with Kapersky anti-virus caused the game to crash.

If the problem goes away, you may want to let MS know about the conflict so they can look into it.

pined5551

Postby pined5551 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm running fine on Vista, its a new laptop though and its pretty powerfull so maybe it can compensate for vista with brute force.

D.poete

Postby D.poete » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:39 am

My apologies, I thought he meant the crashing was due to superfetch, I also said earlier that the problem was probably due to hardware, I never worry about memory in Vista, never had a problem with it.

Return to “Caesar IV Online”