QotD 10/20: Smartest and dumbest enemy moments

Feedback, suggestions and general discussion on Mosby
Will Jennings

QotD 10/20: Smartest and dumbest enemy moments

Postby Will Jennings » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:51 pm

It's time for another Question of the Day:

Tell me the story of the coolest behavior you've seen from the Union soldiers so far.

Bonus question: And what about the time when they were the most dumb?

dsmith

Postby dsmith » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:07 pm

So far, I have not found the Union behavior to be too intelligent. I've never been flanked, had a trap set or ambushed, but I don't imagine that is what they are supposed to do.

As of the 10/20 build, I did actually have a patrol come up on me while I was ambushing another enemy. It opened up a skirmish on two fronts and made it pretty challenging.

The dumbest thing I ever saw, was before the 10/20 build, when the patrols would march right through the middle of you while you were attacking their guys. I guess they had their orders to patrol and nothing was going to make them deviate from that.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:48 pm

I have to say that I haven't seen anything "cool" yet. The union troops are pretty much fodder so far. I've pretty much run the map on them in most games. Only in one game did I lose an entire squad of men and one other game I lost Mosby, but for the rest I usually manage to wipe them out.

They don't charge, they don't ambush, they tend to stand and fight head-on, for the most part, until they are dead. Occassionally, one will retreat.

Return to “Mosby Beta (General)”