Egyptian God diversity

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
ImhotepII

Egyptian God diversity

Postby ImhotepII » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 pm

i just stumbled upon the Nome Pyramid idea and since i`m quite interested in egyptian history i decided to throw in my 2 cents about a god reformation on NO as well :)

first, the gods are now just NAMES, you can have god xy you just throw some luxurys at him/her and you get the temple bonus (if you have a temple, of course)... since egypt is all about religion i for my liking think this is way to boring...

so i came up with this idea in my crazy mind, but i fear it will take to much work to implement :( :

- each nome has One Main god, all nomies can built together ONE large temple complex to him/her to receive a production bonus.

the temple complex can be expanded, each enlargement granting 1% bonus to all citys within the nome, and could be enlarged to lvl 10 maybe.
costs for this could be bricks in the begining, as well as cedar (for flagmasts and wooden shrines or god barques) later on limestone (better name would be sandstone (well pyramids also should actual use sandstone since limestone was only used for the finishing layer) and increasing numbers of satues and other luxury goods.

the tempel complex bonus will only be granted if the nomies support the temple with bread and luxury good, so the priests can maintain the worship.

this modell would function like and replace the now working temple.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- each player could choose ONE egyptian god to be patron of his city (2nd city you can choose as well and so on) and each god would grant certain benefits to that single city alone.

like you choose:
seth to be your cities god, he could provide a bonus in military building
hapi, could provide more security with dhiptrade or cheaper ships
bast would give a boost to food production
ptah would give bonus to workers (maybe faster groth rate after palace upgrades)

well there are hundreds of gods out there all with special abilitys to pray upon...

so the player chooses one god as soon as he builds his temple, and while maintaining the temples service via bread and some luxury good he receives the gods certain blessing.

-----------------------------------------------

with these concepts you could bring in a more religious and historical side to the game, maybe add to each god some text and a lil history lessen for those who want to read it comes along as well :)

as well you get more diversity, for every player might choose other gods in constelation to the given special materials of the city.

i hope i was able to make my idea clear to you, i fear i`m always writing to much :D

shasamrat
Location: chandi and srina of Osirisant (116S), dibru of Bastreffer (115S), koopa of Bastkhai (106S)

Postby shasamrat » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:06 am

I like the city's patron god part of this quite a lot. It's like choosing perks when you level up your character in an RPG. :D

ImaniNile

Postby ImaniNile » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:48 am

I have variously thought about this idea myself. I like it!

Fenehk

Postby Fenehk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:53 am

That would be very, very interesting. Quite a bit of work, but I'd love it. Anything to let players be more individual is great in a game like this.

GaSplat
Location: Splat's Crib 159N on Sabah - where the tools of war can be found ;)

Postby GaSplat » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:03 am

The individual city god concept is intriguing. Give it its own temple building with levels that improve the benefit per donation. Allow the player to tear down their own city temple and create a new one to a different god if they want to change strategy (but they have to rebuild from scratch - kind of like the penalty for changing your specialty points only a more natural cost based on leveling up the new god's temple.

Nehebkau

Postby Nehebkau » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:11 pm

"ImhotepII" wrote:i just stumbled upon the Nome Pyramid idea and since i`m quite interested in egyptian history i decided to throw in my 2 cents about a god reformation on NO as well :)

first, the gods are now just NAMES, you can have god xy you just throw some luxurys at him/her and you get the temple bonus (if you have a temple, of course)... since egypt is all about religion i for my liking think this is way to boring...

so i came up with this idea in my crazy mind, but i fear it will take to much work to implement :( :

- each nome has One Main god, all nomies can built together ONE large temple complex to him/her to receive a production bonus.

the temple complex can be expanded, each enlargement granting 1% bonus to all citys within the nome, and could be enlarged to lvl 10 maybe.
costs for this could be bricks in the begining, as well as cedar (for flagmasts and wooden shrines or god barques) later on limestone (better name would be sandstone (well pyramids also should actual use sandstone since limestone was only used for the finishing layer) and increasing numbers of satues and other luxury goods.

the tempel complex bonus will only be granted if the nomies support the temple with bread and luxury good, so the priests can maintain the worship.

this modell would function like and replace the now working temple.

I think it is the best idea what I ever heared before!

- each player could choose ONE egyptian god to be patron of his city (2nd city you can choose as well and so on) and each god would grant certain benefits to that single city alone.

like you choose:
seth to be your cities god, he could provide a bonus in military building
hapi, could provide more security with dhiptrade or cheaper ships
bast would give a boost to food production
ptah would give bonus to workers (maybe faster groth rate after palace upgrades)

I also like this idea, but I offer some changes.

Bast is the goddess of female fertility, childbirth and the healing, so she could give your city bonus to workers for example. I think it would more cool, if sometimes your people be infected the plague and Bast could protect against the plague.

Ptah is the god of craftsmen and he is a craftman god. So he could less the build time for example, or speed the luxury goods making.

well there are hundreds of gods out there all with special abilitys to pray upon...

so the player chooses one god as soon as he builds his temple, and while maintaining the temples service via bread and some luxury good he receives the gods certain blessing.

I agree with you.

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”