BBP in upgrades too low

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
Tinkerbell

BBP in upgrades too low

Postby Tinkerbell » Thu May 06, 2010 3:31 pm

BBP = Bricks, Baskets & Pottery

The amounts in upgrades are waaay too low. When we get to the late game, we have bbp coming outta our ears & nothing to do with them. This results in gifting, selling/trading for cheap & destroying the market for lower level players trying to move up in rank. New Players need bread to expand their empires with more cities & selling bbp is very tough with the late gamer's bbp glut.

The New Player even needs bread to upgrade their initial palaces & bbp is the easiest thing for them to market, but there is NO market for bbp due to the bbp glut.

I have even seen experienced players who no longer even build bbp in every city, since they can get them cheaper by market/trading than making them themselves. This is wrong!

I continue to see late gamers trading baskets & pottery even (or worse) with raw luxmats when the spreadsheet number for 1 bp = 1.4 raw luxmats.

Players are getting ripped off by trying to compete with late gamers on the trade wall.

The worst example is the baskets, pottery, brickworks & lux shop upgrades themselves. We need more raw luxmats than even bricks for these. What? The raw number is fine, but brick requirement is waaay too low.

The game is clearly unbalanced for bbp. We desperately need a bbp sink & upgrades should be the first place looked at. All upgrades, all buildings, including palaces & additional cities. Also, late game upgrade requirements need to go up faster than they do. The broken endgame again.
Last edited by Tinkerbell on Thu May 06, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Mr Ears

Postby Mr Ears » Thu May 06, 2010 4:08 pm

"Tinkerbell" wrote:I continue to see late gamers trading baskets & pottery even (or worse) with raw luxmats when the spreadsheet number for 1 bp = 1.4 raw luxmats.

I've been seeing you lately trading your cosmetics 1:1 for sculpture although due to the spreadsheet you should be paying 1.25 cosmetics for 1 sculpture.

No problem for you, is it?

But if someone else trades to his advantage, who's yelling? Tink.

Or you may also call him Pink.

Or maybe Punk??

Or why not the Pink Tink?

How about Pink Punk?

Whatever you call him, he stays the master of double standards. If someone else takes the same advantage he does, it's cheating. But for himself it's totally fine to benefit from exploits.

Boring.

"Tinkerbell" wrote:Players are getting ripped off

Yes. Mainly by you. For many years now.
Last edited by Mr Ears on Thu May 06, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Thu May 06, 2010 9:17 pm

I agree that increasing the brick count (and baskets and pottery) for higher level builds would be a good game tweak. I can keep up on my brick demand effortlessly from just one brickworks, and I have plenty of unused capacity.

There could still be a glut though. After all, why not trade bricks cheap if all plots are full? I think adding a maintenance cost to level 22 (or 26 for wheat) plots would be needed to finish filling the gap. A small overflow is ok, as buying cheap bricks would allow newer players to focus more on bread and lux production.

I think it is less a question of "rip offs" and more a question of making the game more interesting. But I do agree that increasing the rate at which bbp are needed for upgrades would be an easy enhancement, and adding a maintenance cost for top level plots would be an interesting element to add.

PantherX

Postby PantherX » Sat May 08, 2010 4:53 pm

The end game is broke. There needs to be some trigger to kill off old players. With 90+% the active players all in the end game it is almost impossible to make simple Lux good trades. Everyone wants raws so they can stuff their warehouses to the max to try to gain rank. Well guess what everyone, with everyone doing it it doesn't really help unless you can stuff faster than everyone else.

I do not have any idea on how to solve it other than make a game trigger that once your quad 22 or say within some percentage of quad 22 the chances of an accidental death are a possibility. Perhaps the death is not a game over death but some heavy penalty like 20% of everything you own as burial goods :D

Some incentive to start over would be nice also, Like Welcome Pharaoh to the top ??? rank, go immortal now and pick your starting nome for the next round with X building upgrades (time and goods free).

But then this is all moot since TM is dying and someday we will just not be able to log on anymore. :(
:cool:

Tinkerbell

Postby Tinkerbell » Sat May 08, 2010 5:38 pm

"PantherX" wrote:But then this is all moot since TM is dying and someday we will just not be able to log on anymore. :(

Please stop posting this, PantherX.

TM is not going anywhere & Nile will continue to exist.

Thank You very much!

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Sat May 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Maybe a better apporach to the end game trudge would be after a certain point (maybe the sum of all your building levels averages to over level 20 - for four cities - so a OCC player or other less than four city player would never face this) you have a daily chance of falling ill - could be determined as part of the ranking calculation since that probably already has the numbers needed to make this determination. At this point the player is given a week to make a choice - go immortal, or appease the gods. One of his non-capital cities (random choice) is consumed by a disaster and 50% of all stocks in other cities are lost. In exchange his life as Pharoah is spared (and he goes back to needing stuff to get and build a fourth city and reclimb the rank ladder). Those who fail to choose within the week have passed the opportunity to appease the gods and simply go immortal.

This would break up the top rank log jam while allowing those who want to hang around forever to do so - but with some challenge and variety thrown into the game. Those who want to go immortal with a high rank have an opportunity to do so. I think it would be a win-win.

Q-Man

Postby Q-Man » Sat May 08, 2010 6:12 pm

As to the viability of Tilted Mill, while I really hope this continues to be available, the latest news on their web site is almost a year old. Not exactly the sign of a vibrant development house. :(

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”