Markets - partial acceptance of the trades

Have a suggestion or idea for Nile Online?
Niusereset

Markets - partial acceptance of the trades

Postby Niusereset » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 pm

There are many players on a high levels... and players on a low levels, beginners.
The players on the high level are making offers in a great numbers, which are not for a beginning players, who would like, non the less, participate on a trading, but they cannot do it in these numbers.

e.g. I can see in my market an offer of a bronze I need for a price (5/1) which is acceptable for my... but it is there in an amount of 1000 pieces which is way too much for my present needs, not mentioning my ability to pay for it. I have city lvl5... I do not need this much of it. Where am I supposed to get 5000 bread on my level?

I am suggesting that there should by possibility to accept the offers partialy.
From the above mentioned example... I need only 200 bronze and I am willing to pay that price (5/1). I click on it to accept, then in an openned window type the required ammount and confirm.
I got my 200 of bronze... he got his 5 breads per one bronze (1000 breads)... and there will remain an offer of 800 bronze for price 5/1. And we all are happy and satisfied... I got what I needed and he got part of his demands sooner than just by waiting for someone to need'n'pay it all at once.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 pm

You can use the market "buy orders" for any amount of bronze you can afford to purchase.

You can also arrange to make a trade with another player via scrolls. Someone out there will probably be willing to trade you some bronze for bread or some other item.

You can also make offers on the trade wall to buy or trade for smaller amounts of items you need.

If you only look in the items for sale in the market to get your bronze, you may be waiting a long time for someone to offer small amounts at a price you can afford.

When you build more than one city, don't crowd them all close together. It works well for moving things from one city to another, but it makes for a very small trade market coverage.

I spread my cities father apart so that if all my markets are at level 22, their coverage areas adjoin each other. That way the number of possible sellers/buyers is much greater due to the wider area that they cover. The more buyers/sellers you have available in your market coverage the more likely it is that you will find someone that is going to have something you want a amount or price you can afford.

A level 22 market can cover an area 22 nomes north and 22 nomes south of it. If you create all your cities in neighboring nomes to each other, your potential number of customers and sellers all come from the same pool of cities that your markets can reach....a narrow band.

By building your second city a greater distance from your first city, your pool of buyers/sellers is greatly increase....a much wider band. Repeating this for your 3rd and 4th city increases your pool of buyers/sellers even more.

<--22 nomes -->1st city Lvl 22 market<--22 nomes--><--22 nomes-->2nd city Lvl 22 market<--22 nomes--><--22 nomes-->3rd city Lvl 22 market<--22 nomes--><--22 nomes-->4th city Lvl 22 market<--22 nomes-->

Between each city will be 44 nomes (22+22) of potential buyers and sellers, plus those in the same nome as your cities. You don't have to put them that far apart, but doing so will maximize the coverage.

You can even put cities farther apart so that the market coverages do not touch. This can also help expose your to a whole new pool of buyers and sellers and increase your chances of getting items at a potentially lower price or in smaller increments.

The trick is to concentrate on upgrading your market to level 22 first of all. This ensures that you have the maximum number of possible buyers/sellers and your life will be a lot easier for the rest of your city upgrades.

Of course, you will also need lots of ships and a fully upgraded exchange to level 22.

You can put all your labor into the exchange and crank out 18-20 ships per hour. Or you can put just a few workers in the exchange and it will take much longer to make a single ship.

Building ships requires cedar so you'll need to trade/buy it to make all those ships, unless one of your city supplies cedar.

With cities that far apart, trips between them will take longer, but if you have a full roster of 500 ships you can keep ships constantly moving between your cities.

So, in short, space your cities out, upgrade your market to max level, upgrade your exchange and build a lot of ships to make use of that market and any trades you make on the wall or via scrolls.

Niusereset

Postby Niusereset » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 am

Well... most of what you say I know... and I made a several deals by scrolls or just by that happy luck the offeres in market were in precise amount I need/can pay for.

But sometimes you need it quick.

Yes, by scrolls youcan make it moe direct, more suit (pay in something else) and more profitable for bothsides. Yes.
But on the other hand, sometimes you just see exactly what you need, in the moment you need it, only if you can buy the half of the offer.

It would improve treading situation, posibilities and chances for players.
All other inconviniet sides of market remains: it is often expensive, only for food you need for own workforce and you see only by your market-level.
And as well all benefits by scroll/wall trading remains above markets: more profitable, posibilities to pay in something else, etc, etc,...

The fairytale about markets and placing new towns is nice... but I am a little bit far from market lvl22 in one city, not mentioning any other city, which I do not have and for some time I will not have.
I mean... I am sure it works and is usefull to have it like you describe. The thing is I am weeks from that. I am not in search for something, which will work for me in month from now, if not later.

I put here suggestion, which can be usefull and helpfull for beginners, for starting players, for those who just start to play and they are happy, if they have their first few ships.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:30 am

I can say for myself, that I would not like it if I had 1000 of something for sale in one of my market slots and some buyer could just choose to buy 100 of it.

What you propose sounds like a good deal for the buyer, but the seller may not appreciate it that much.

Niusereset

Postby Niusereset » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 am

Why not for seller?
He will gain what he demands. Not at once, true, but sooner than with waiting for the acceptance of the whole pack.

And another thing... look at it from the view that there are several starting players, not just one... and several others still on the half of the way for the high levels. The 1000 offer can be gone with help of three or four other players.
Now the seller must wait for the one who will be able to take the whole pack.

That thing I am talking about is sort of happening even now. In a market I can see that players are puting multiple offers. Just at this moment I can see (to keep it bronze) five bronze-offers from the same player, from the same his city, in total amount 4500 of bronze. And that is not the only example, I see it on many goods from many players, multiple offers.

What does seller have from this when he can put it at one great pack of 4500 bronze for 22500 breads? He is selling a great amount of bronze, but in a several offers so it can be more acessable for other players who would not by able to pay 22500 breads at onceor who do not need 4500 bronze at once. He is selling 4500 bronze but ha made it partial by his own, manualy. He can get the part of his demands earlier than the rest.

It is the same principle and effect like dividing the offer via partial acceptance. The only difference between this, what is happening, and my suggest, is the scale of it. Instead of thousands of a sold material, hundreds. Which will make the trades via market more accessable for smaller and beginning players, but without changing anything else of the entire trading principle (via market only for food and not that much profitable like scroll-trading)

That mentioned player could then make one offer of 4500 bronze for 1/5 price. Onle player can take 200, for he is a beginner and needs only a bit for now, another can take 2000 at once and just another one could be satisffied with a 600. One offer, three staisffied players on a different levels and with diferen needs, and 14000 breads gained for a seller... and 1700 bronze still waiting on the market for its chance.

Why this does not sounds like a good deal for a seller?
Now he put an offer and wait for who will accpet it. But he is limited that only a certain part of players, who can see that offer, can actualy buy it. Not because of the price-per-one, but because of the total payment.
With my suggestion this limitation will be eliminated. And all theseller will need to do is put it in the market and wait. Not much different from now...
Last edited by Niusereset on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 am, edited 6 times in total.

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:47 pm

First, let me make clear, that I do not work for Tilted Mill, in case my "luminary" titled adds any confusion, it has in the past. I'm just a game player, and these are just my opinions.

Since the seller is limited to just 5 slots, he is expecting to get the full amount of for what he puts up for sale. A player can use scarabs to "buy" more slots if he wants to, but they either take real money or time and luck to get.

If a seller wants to sell smaller increments in those 5 slots, that should be his choice and it should not be forced upon him by a buyer.

Why should the buyer be given the right to choose how much is for sale and not the seller?

If you want to make it fair, the seller should be given the option to nix the partial purchase of the buyer before it becomes official. If the seller doesn't object, the deal goes through. If he does object the buyer will have to buy it all or nothing.

That being said, it would require more attention and time from a player than they may be willing to put into the game. They might stop selling in the market for fear that if they aren't around to object to a partial sale they'll lose the opportunity.

There are people that use the market to store excess items without the actual intention of selling them. I don't think that a player would be happy to have his little "reserve" nibbled away by a player that can't afford to buy the entire amount. The fact that a potential buyer cannot afford to buy the entire amount is the safeguard insurance for the "seller" and keeps his reserve safe.

Niusereset

Postby Niusereset » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:59 pm

I did not confuse you with a TM-employe... I was talking with you as with a player who has a different opinion ;-)

I did not know that the market is used as a bank-safe...

Keith

Postby Keith » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:25 pm

Yes, the use of the market was not intended for the purpose, but it worked out that way. People will store excess amounts of items in the market, usually at higher than normal prices to keep the safe from purchase but not always.

Return to “Suggestions / Ideas”