More of the city needs to be protected by city walls and impassible terrain

Stuck and need help, or want to discuss strategy? This is the place!
lgandras

More of the city needs to be protected by city walls and impassible terrain

Postby lgandras » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:29 pm

I get this message regarding security (I have 95% and need 100%) but all of the city is walled. I can be sure of this because Equites are at max level. Could you please help me check what's wrong with the saved game?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lgandras

Solution

Postby lgandras » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:02 am

Solved:

1. Build a wall at the north-east edge (if you check my map, i leave plenity of land unused and unprotected.

You'll see nothing changes.

2. Destroy the inner wall which has all the towers. The city will still be protected because of the wall at the edge.

You'll see the security rises.

This seems like a bug. Maybe because the inner wall was messy (guards on the floor, holes, etc.) The game couldn't realise if all the important stuff was protected. Which is obviously absurd because there's already a wall at the edge which protects *everything*.

Conclusion: Draw pretty walls.

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:07 am

A bit of overbuild-overkill there.... :)

That many towers are expensive to build and not really necessary. Also, the double thick wall doesn't really help either, its expensive, it won't stop the barbarians or catapults and being that wide the extra width interferes with the field of fire of the balistas on the towers when the enemy is close to the wall.

Also, just so you know, a "wall of towers" side by side is not a wall. If there is no real wall on one side, or, between the towers, the enemy will pour through the tiny gaps between the towers.

As for your problem....

I simply deleted every other tower behind the walls. The security rate rose and the mission ended.

lgandras

Postby lgandras » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:04 pm

@Keith thank you. I know a lot of towers don't build up a wall, that's why a wall was in front of them. Just did what you said about destroying all the towers and got to the next level. :)

Keith

Postby Keith » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:50 pm

Yeah, I figured you knew about the "wall of towers" by this point in the game, but I put it in there for any new players that might read this. :)

I'm not really sure why the game sees all the towers as a problem. It might have something to do with the crime rate rising near them due to so many men manning them. One wonders why the crime rate would be possible at all so near a military installation. Having prefect patrols near forts and other military buildings is necessary in the game from what I've encountered.

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”