Plaza collection

Discussion and help with creating scenarios and campaigns in the Editor
Jytte

Plaza collection

Postby Jytte » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:31 am

I had little use for most of the plazas in the original package, so found a few from other users, and made some myself.
These are the ones I use:
Image(a) Image(b) Image(c)
Image(d) Image(g) Image(h)
Image(i) Image(j)

'a' and 'h' are original from game, 'd' is some very nice water from janmar I believe, tiles not sure except I changed colors on them, 'i' and 'j' I made recently.

The grass especially is very handy under trees and such, where building has messed up the original grass cover. I find I always need a lake, hence the water tile.

all these tiles are in a zip file here: plazas

In order to replace any of these tiles, you find the originals here: your directory...\Children of the Nile Complete\Data\Graphics\terraintextures , first save the original file to a safe directory, then replace with the file of your choice.

In order to be able to find them in your menu in the game, you can change the text of the menu (this is for version 1.3) in ----\Children of the Nile Complete\Data\languagetext.txt , which is a text file easy to edit.

This is how the files correspond to place in menu: (sorry, but formatting in here is a *****)

line in txt file / menu number / file name

505 - 5 - plaza_g_1.DDS
506 - 6 - plaza_h_1.dds
507 - 7 - plaza_i_1.dds
508 - 8 - plaza_j_1.DDS

40865 - 1 - plaza_d_1.dds
40866 - 2 - plaza_a_1.DDS
40867 - 3 - plaza_b_1.DDS
40868 - 4 - plaza_c_1.DDS

and this is how I changed mine to fit my tiles:

zip file also uploaded to heavengames

Should you happen to want all of these 8 tiles and none but (and have version 1.3) you can save yourself the trouble of editing the language.txt file and download mine: languagetext.txt (menu is only thing changed in it), you still have to download and replace the plaza files.
Last edited by Jytte on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Keith

Re: Plaza collection

Postby Keith » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:15 pm

Nice. You may want to try and make partial grass or flower tiles, so the edges do not give the appearance of being straight 90 degrees and give a more natural meandering or rounded edge look.

Jytte

Postby Jytte » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Oh, that's a good idea. Never occurred to me as I only use these in town in between other plaza tiles or hedges.
Still I'd try that if it wasn't for the fact that I have only 8 options, and I need them all as it is.
Oh, if only we could have a new version of CotN, with some more options of all kinds :)
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

atatnall

Postby atatnall » Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:17 pm

Oooh, gonna have a go at installing these. Thanks for even more great content! You're on fire. Also my new best friend ;)

Return to “Editing”