reserving food

If you need any help, or want to discuss strategy, this is the place!
Jytte

reserving food

Postby Jytte » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:53 am

I've always had this problem, and I keep forgetting to ask. I have looked around but don't see anyone mentioning this....
I can reserve every item under the sun (for use on the world level upkeep) EXCEPT food. I can reserve as little or as much as I like, and nobody gives a damn. In a very tight situation where you need your food to keep mines running for example, this is beyond annoying. Even there IS enough to cover people's needs they always take very much extra, which is normal, but WHY does nobody respect the reserved amount???? If you have plenty of food around, but want to save up some for a rainy day (failed flood etc), it still doesn't work.
I can't be the only one encountering this?
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Yahya

Re: reserving food

Postby Yahya » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:38 am

Food is currency as well as sustenance. I don't remember the mechanics, but as you grow and provide new services, everyone starts grabbing more food to purchase everything.

If you're having trouble meeting the city's food needs plus the needs of trade, I'd look at my noble to farmer ratio. When I start a city I always put down 6 nobles and allocate spaces for the maximum number of farms. I then build the city up to 10 or 12 nobles with max farms.

Any time I'm having trouble with food it's because of insufficient food production for the city's needs, either due to insufficient farms, too great distances, or unhappy populace.

Jytte

Re: reserving food

Postby Jytte » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:47 am

It's not a problem providing food as such, but I've just noticed that nobody respects that reserve, unlike any other kind of reserved item, and I find that very odd. If I reserve say 40 gold, no matter how bad the shopkeepers want it to produce jewelry, they'll keep their hot little hands off it when it's reserved. Not so with food. That's odd.

I want to make my next scenario harder so it's very limited space for farming, and it would be nice if you could force a player to plan his usage via reserving, but won't work for food. I'll just find other ways to be mean :lol:
Jytte (alias Ubekhet)

Return to “Game Help & Strategy”